News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

What about Vladimir Putin as head of NSA? His previous experience as KGB officer and inside knowledge on cyber warfare against America must surely qualify him.

11B4V

Quote from: merithyn on December 13, 2016, 05:18:05 PM
Quote from: Jacob on December 13, 2016, 04:18:24 PM

Going to be a fair bit of that going around...

QuoteThis Trump voter didn't think Trump was serious about repealing her health insurance

CORBIN, Kentucky — Why would people vote for a presidential candidate who campaigned on taking away their health insurance?

Last week, we went to Corbin, Kentucky, to try to answer that question. It's a small city in southeastern Kentucky, an area of the country that has seen huge declines in its uninsured rate — but also voted overwhelmingly for Trump.

You can read more about what we learned there in this story, but we also wanted to give you the transcripts of the conversations we had so the people we talked to could speak for themselves.

Debbie Mills is a 53-year-old furniture store owner in Bell County, an area of the state right on the Tennessee border. Earlier this year, doctors discovered that her husband has non-alcoholic cirrhosis. He now needs a transplant if he's going to survive. Mills and her husband keep a bag packed, waiting for the doctors to call with news that a liver is available.

This all means that Mills really, really needs her health insurance. And she's very grateful for the Affordable Care Act, because she couldn't afford insurance before it was passed.

And yet she voted for Donald Trump. Until we spoke, she said she hadn't taken Trump's repeal threats seriously. As we talked, she started to process what his election might mean for her family's future.

Here's that conversation, edited for clarity and length.

http://www.vox.com/2016/12/13/13901874/obamacare-trump-voter-health-insurance-repeal

Reading the transcript, you just have to wonder about people. NOW she's starting to worry about something that she heard over and over and over again during the debates. NOW she's freaking out because her husband won't be able to get the million dollar surgery and after-care that he needs.

I am seriously beginning to wonder what mind-control juice Trump was handing out during the election. It's like these people didn't hear anything he said at all.

How do you have a fucking conversation with someone like this?

How do you not just punch a person like this in the throat?

I mean WTF. You didn't think he was serious? Are you for fucking real?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

She's from Corbin. Not know for their bright minds.

Fantastic fried chicken however. And the McDonalds is faboo when you are about to drive deep into deliverance country.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 13, 2016, 08:53:51 PM

Fantastic fried chicken however. And the McDonalds is faboo when you are about to drive deep into deliverance country.

Fried Chicken is the bomb when done right.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Quote from: 11B4V on December 13, 2016, 08:57:20 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 13, 2016, 08:53:51 PM

Fried Chicken is the bomb when done right.

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/11449

If you are in Corbin, it is worth it. Bring your cholesterol drugs.

Caliga

No it's not.  It's just a regular shitty-ass KFC restaurant attached to that museum. :huh:

Yes, I've been there too.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

IT TASTES BETTER. And considering the shit past Corbin on the way to Harlan, you'll be glad you had edible food.

Ps. Go fuck yourself Cal.  :)

11B4V

It would be like me saying I voted for the Shady Lady because I didn't think she was serious about gun control...lol. And then she pushes a draconian agenda on the subject.

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 13, 2016, 09:14:18 PM
IT TASTES BETTER. And considering the shit past Corbin on the way to Harlan, you'll be glad you had edible food.

Ps. Go fuck yourself Cal.  :)
:rolleyes:

Do you know what tastes better?  Claudia Sanders Dinner House here in Shelbyville.  It uses Colonel Sanders's original recipes before KFC was all corporatized.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

I'll make a note of that. If I ever get that way again.

11B4V

Ed Anger

Ideologue

Quote from: Zanza on December 13, 2016, 08:35:44 PM
What about Vladimir Putin as head of NSA? His previous experience as KGB officer and inside knowledge on cyber warfare against America must surely qualify him.
:lol:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

11B4V

Ed Anger