And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Horses = crazy.

Sea horses = crazy and also wet.

Sea horse fixations are likely a warning sign of borderline maritime personality disorder. And all other cluster B disorders. Avoid.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Quote from: Legbiter on December 10, 2016, 07:10:59 AM
So far no Rudy, no Christie and no Newt in the Trump administration.  :hmm:

Nimble navigator.

Couldn't have happened to a better bunch of guys.

I guess like Spicey I can at least enjoy Trump tormenting people I think suck as he ruins my country.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 12, 2016, 02:39:45 AM
It's been ages since we had a good sea horse thread.

But have we had a Sea Monkeys thread??
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: Legbiter on December 10, 2016, 07:10:59 AM
So far no Rudy, no Christie and no Newt in the Trump administration.  :hmm:

Nimble navigator.
Trump enjoys betraying people, just like he's going to betray all of the dumb idiots who voted for him. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

I am awaiting the announcement that A. Wilde Dingo will be named head of the federal Department of Child Protective Services.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 11, 2016, 04:01:00 PM
Twitter is literally becoming a primary venue of policymaking now.

Dr. Rand Paul Verified account
‏@RandPaul

I am a no on John Bolton for ANY position in the State Departement and will work to defeat his nomination to any post.

Rand and those types, like Amash, have long announced their ideas and reasoning on social media. It is an interesting window into what they want you to think they think at least :P

I am curious how these rebels respond. A large percentage of the 'Freedom Caucus' is going to change direction now that their guys fully control everything but I think the hardcore of Amash and Rand will continue their hard line. We will see.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 11, 2016, 10:18:47 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on December 11, 2016, 10:00:23 PM
Deep.

You want deep thought from me? Talk about something I'm interested in. Whining about trump constantly gets what it deserves, one liners and memes.

Hugs and Kisses,

Ed.

I read that to mean "Fuck the Chinese deep", in which case I would have assumed that you would be interested in that, Sparky.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on December 12, 2016, 11:35:54 AM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 11, 2016, 04:01:00 PM
Twitter is literally becoming a primary venue of policymaking now.

Dr. Rand Paul Verified account
‏@RandPaul

I am a no on John Bolton for ANY position in the State Departement and will work to defeat his nomination to any post.

Rand and those types, like Amash, have long announced their ideas and reasoning on social media. It is an interesting window into what they want you to think they think at least :P

I am curious how these rebels respond. A large percentage of the 'Freedom Caucus' is going to change direction now that their guys fully control everything but I think the hardcore of Amash and Rand will continue their hard line. We will see.

My fear is that, from an outsider's perspective at least, the old Republican party seems to be gone. They were totally out of sync with their own electorate. They can very realistically draw the conclusion, that never ever in their lifetime will they have such degree of control, even with a loose cannon like Trump in charge. Whatever personal power and money they wanted out of the whole politics thing, this is their moment to grab it.

I think almost all of them will bend over backwards to please Emperor Trump.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 11, 2016, 10:23:25 PM
And fuck, I think Trump is a fucking joke, but you people make want to put on a brown uniform and lynch leftists.

Careful.  Pull stuff like that nowadays you're likely to find yourself the head of an executive branch department.  Way too much stress.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

11B4V

Quote from: grumbler on December 12, 2016, 10:12:12 AM
I am awaiting the announcement that A. Wilde Dingo will be named head of the federal Department of Child Protective Services.

You see the size of that cocka doodle fucking doo? We're in the Trumpland assholes.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 09, 2016, 02:59:12 PM
Quote from: Syt on December 09, 2016, 02:33:12 PM
Would be funny - if unlikely - if they all stepped forward.

I am sooooo converting to Islam if they start a mandatory registry.  Just to be a dick. Insha'allah.

I would even let Languish pick my name.  IBN TURBIN-IZ-BURNIN

Osama Bon Jovi.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on December 12, 2016, 08:59:41 PM
Osama Bon Jovi.

Meh, too controversial.  Would get data captured by both the NSA and the New Jersey Turnpike Authority.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 12, 2016, 09:06:38 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 12, 2016, 08:59:41 PM
Osama Bon Jovi.

Meh, too controversial.  Would get data captured by both the NSA and the New Jersey Turnpike Authority.

AbdullahDeSalami
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Tamas

Putin's buddy, the Exxon Mobil chief has been confirmed as secretary of state.

If I lived in the Baltic countries, I would GTFO round about now.