And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 01, 2016, 09:31:29 AM
Quote from: Valmy on December 01, 2016, 09:17:34 AM
It sure seems like Bernie is working overtime to win over anti-establishment Trump supporters to his revolution:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/12/01/bernie-sanders-carrier-just-showed-corporations-how-to-beat-donald-trump/?tid=sm_fb&utm_term=.f2a25f1a920f

Bernie 2020?

Anyway this is what I was worried about. We will see if the Leftist revolution gains the steam I fear it will.

Sorry for going Tim for the last two posts. At least neither of them are from Slate.

Your not going Tim since I approve of much of his economic policy. Restoring the New Deal is not a radical leftist revolution. It was national policy for 40 years and most of the world's first world states run their economic policy even more leftist than that.

So, Valmy. You didn't respond. Do you think FDR was a dangerous radical?

Also, Clinton's lead is now 2.5 million.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/12/hillary-clintons-popular-vote-lead-keeps-growing.html
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

Quote from: garbon on December 01, 2016, 03:07:20 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on December 01, 2016, 03:03:52 PM
Focusing just on 2016 it's not 100% clear what happened.  But best guess is that the Democrats as a party became (fairly or unfairly) seen as the party of government at a time when people were in a throw the bums out mood.

How's that so? Looks like most bums got to keep their warm seats in congress.

Like I said before, lots of people think that Congress is doing a terrible job, but that their own Senators and Congressman are doing a good job.  As long as people think like that, involuntary turnover in Congress is going to be fairly small.

CountDeMoney

Der Furor's rally in Cincy:  America First! :yeah:

Spoken to several foreign leaders:  they have such respect for us. One of them told him that he "truly respects the United States again."

CountDeMoney

I do find it interesting that, when discussing the American Dream, he said how "we will have our own American Dream."

dps

I think it would be funny if derspiess told people at the rally that he voted for Johnson and got lynched. 

Well, it wouldn't really be funny if he got lynched, but I would be interested in people's reaction to him if he said it.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on December 01, 2016, 08:01:07 PM
I think it would be funny if derspiess told people at the rally that he voted for Johnson and got lynched. 

Well, it wouldn't really be funny if he got lynched, but I would be interested in people's reaction to him if he said it.

He's too busy cruising for somebody with Skittles so he can Stand His Ground and shoot his very own black person.

CountDeMoney

This is fucking hilarious  :lol:  The only thing missing is a book fire in the middle.

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 01, 2016, 06:26:06 PM
So, Valmy. You didn't respond. Do you think FDR was a dangerous radical?

I don't think bad ideas from the 1930s need to be re-introduced. The age of autarky was a failure.

QuoteAlso, Clinton's lead is now 2.5 million.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/12/hillary-clintons-popular-vote-lead-keeps-growing.html

What a farce. The EC is a total disgrace and unless the Democrats somehow win 2/3rds of the House and Senate and 3/4 of the States someday (LOLZ) it is never going away now.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

It's pretty fascinating to watch this rally...he's working off a prepared speech--at least someone tried to get him to speak on policy points--using the teleprompter, but then he'll interrupt himself and go off on a tangent about election night.   Then back on policy for a few minutes.  And then riffing on Election Night again.

And then I realized it: the next 4 years will be the equivalent of constantly reliving the four touchdowns during the Big Game at Polk High. :lol:

Ladies and gentlemen, the President-Elect of the United States of America. :yeah:

Ed Anger

The speech gave me a red, white and blue boner. I'm gonna punch some foreigners in the nuts.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Zoupa

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

merithyn

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 01, 2016, 09:42:33 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 01, 2016, 06:26:06 PM
Also, Clinton's lead is now 2.5 million.

You realize it would have to be near 7 million for her to reach 50%.

You can't argue that a 2.5 million vote lead is pretty significant, even if it's not 50%.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

Quote from: Zoupa on December 01, 2016, 09:26:57 PM
Such a small man.

Who?  Ed, Seedy, Valmy, derspiess, or President-elect Trump?