News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

"High risk pools" = death panels of the right. 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 28, 2016, 10:43:34 PM

Old people and sickly minorities just stick around for too long anyway.  Compared to Stand Your Ground or a routine traffic stop, diabetes doesn't kill teh blacks as fast as derspiess would like, but if you ignore it long enough it'll work out in the end.

Quotehttp://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/tom-price-trump-cabinet-231913

Price has been a leading voice on health IT issues in Congress, fighting for a more doctor-friendly version of the law that regulates use of electronic health records. Last year, he helped collect 116 House signatures supporting a slowdown in the process.

Translation: I'm a doctor, I can't be bothered with all this stuff.  I'll be late for my tee time.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 28, 2016, 10:43:34 PM

We'll give them a pill or something to ease the pain.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

Quote@realDonaldTrump & I working hard tonight. Thank you for the privilege of a lifetime, #PEOTUS.

I presume she has the sunglasses, even though it's dark outside, to shield against his (orange) brilliance.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on November 29, 2016, 03:28:40 AM
Did his housekeeping staff quit?

It's the oldest trick in the slacker's handbook - crowded desk = "I work hard!" It's right up there with clicking/typing furiously when someone enters the room or constantly muttering under your breath while surfing websites.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Friend of mine has got an invitation for a "transition breakfast with the President-Elect" with an expected contribution of $5000. I guess he's come around to raise funds for the GOP, unless he's already cashing in.  :hmm:

Syt

"Transition breakfast" sounds like a morning meal that's coming back up again. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Quote from: Syt on November 29, 2016, 03:51:47 AM

It's the oldest trick in the slacker's handbook - crowded desk = "I work hard!" It's right up there with clicking/typing furiously when someone enters the room or constantly muttering under your breath while surfing websites.

Perhaps. Of course, as you mention, all are so glaringly obvious.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/11/28/politics/petraeus-secretary-of-state-trump/index.html

QuoteDavid Petraeus shared classified info. Now can he be secretary of state?

Well, at least he didn't use private email servers, like Clinton or the Bush administration.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Quote from: Syt on November 29, 2016, 05:17:36 AM
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/11/28/politics/petraeus-secretary-of-state-trump/index.html

Well, at least he didn't use private email servers, like Clinton or the Bush administration.

His trolling is pretty legendary.

FunkMonk

Quote from: garbon on November 29, 2016, 05:48:55 AM
Quote from: Syt on November 29, 2016, 05:17:36 AM

His trolling is pretty legendary.

Indeed, he is King of Trolls. It was funny, even kinda endearing, especially during the primaries.

Now it's just kinda meh, though.

If that's what America wants, a Troll-in-Chief, fuck it.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

viper37

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on November 28, 2016, 02:02:53 PM
Quote from: viper37 on November 28, 2016, 01:53:37 PM
Interesting.  While the media focus on the latest Trump antics on Twitter, he gets away with numerous conflicts of interests.  It appears his Twitter rage strangely coincides with articles detailing his conflicts of interest, as if to drown the news.

Is he that good?

the press is that weak-willed more likely
most news sites use automated software that push a story to the front by the number of clicks it receives.  And then, more clicks gives more advertising revenues.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Syt on November 29, 2016, 03:51:47 AM

I see a bunch of campaign stuff, a copy of Time Magazine, two copies of a "Citizen Solider" blu-ray, and buried under a pile, what looks like either a resume or 1 page summaries of potential job-seekers.

And a guy reading Twitter feeds while his minder looks over to make sure he doesn't have a tantrum.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson