And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Hamilcar on November 19, 2016, 04:23:07 AM
Banana republic ahoy!

Kind of puts an email server full of emails written by a technophobic grandmother with the subject line: RE: LARGER PRINT PLZ in perspective, doesn't it?

Hamilcar

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 19, 2016, 09:08:48 AM
Banana republic ahoy!

Kind of puts an email server full of emails written by a technophobic grandmother with the subject line: RE: LARGER PRINT PLZ in perspective, doesn't it?

I don't think she was "technophobic", she knew exactly what she was doing. It just doesn't compare to having an emotionally labile egocentric in charge on any level.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Martinus on November 19, 2016, 04:14:04 AM
Ah, the Clinton News Network never fails to report something out of context. :D

Problem with Bannon is that there never is a positive context.
You can take his statements out of context but it's hard to correct because there's no good context to bring them back in.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

Quote from: Hamilcar on November 19, 2016, 09:33:39 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 19, 2016, 09:08:48 AM
Banana republic ahoy!

I don't think she was "technophobic", she knew exactly what she was doing. It just doesn't compare to having an emotionally labile egocentric in charge on any level.

Wait so she didn't use her own server as it was easier to manage one device but did so because she wanted to 'hide' her emails? Sort of an odd practice given that emails by their very purpose go to someone else.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Zoupa on November 19, 2016, 06:52:05 AM
Hilarious right?

America delenda est. You had a good run, guys.

Drained the swamp.

Of course all that muck has to go somewhere . . .
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

I know it was an inofficial meeting, but should a person designated to run the "blind" :rolleyes: trust participate in these kinds of meetings?`

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Liep on November 19, 2016, 09:04:49 AM
It's insane, and right after complaining about the presidency taking up too much time so he had to settle the Trump U lawsuit. :lol:

I never settle.  Except when I do. 
--Joan Robinson

garbon

Quote from: Hamilcar on November 19, 2016, 08:59:46 AM
Trump is raging on twitter right now about how people were mean to Pence at the Hamilton performance.  :wacko:

How mean they were!

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/19/us/mike-pence-hamilton.html?_r=0

QuoteAs the play ended, the actor who played Aaron Burr, Brandon Victor Dixon, acknowledged that Mr. Pence was in the audience, thanked him for attending and added, "We hope you will hear us out."

"We, sir — we — are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents, or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights," he said. "We truly hope that this show has inspired you to uphold our American values and to work on behalf of all of us."
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Syt on November 19, 2016, 10:06:10 AM
I know it was an inofficial meeting, but should a person designated to run the "blind" :rolleyes: trust participate in these kinds of meetings?`

I really hope the poor people who supported Trump don't aspire to such gaudy...ornamentation. :x

The Minsky Moment

Wait a sec Aaron Burr was threatening Pence?  Where was the secret service?
--Joan Robinson

garbon

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 19, 2016, 10:11:07 AM

A black one to boot!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on November 19, 2016, 10:06:10 AM

You don't see an email server, do you?  So don't worry about it.

Syt

"Threatening" seems too harsh a word: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/19/us/mike-pence-hamilton.html

QuoteAs the play ended, the actor who played Aaron Burr, Brandon Victor Dixon, acknowledged that Mr. Pence was in the audience, thanked him for attending and added, "We hope you will hear us out."

"We, sir — we — are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents, or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights," he said. "We truly hope that this show has inspired you to uphold our American values and to work on behalf of all of us."

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Quote from: Syt on November 19, 2016, 10:18:10 AM

"Threatening" seems too harsh a word: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/19/us/mike-pence-hamilton.html

Did you literally just post what I'd just posted and Joan reacted to? :hmm:

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould