What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

He does show an unhealthy obsession with Michelle Obama's arms.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Donald Trump Says He'd 'Absolutely' Require Muslims to Register

NEWTON, Iowa — Donald J. Trump, who earlier in the week said he was open to requiring Muslims in the United States to register in a database, said on Thursday night that he "would certainly implement that — absolutely."

Mr. Trump was asked about the issue by an NBC News reporter and pressed on whether all Muslims in the country would be forced to register. "They have to be," he said. "They have to be.''

When asked how a system of registering Muslims would be carried out — whether, for instance, mosques would be where people could register — Mr. Trump said: "Different places. You sign up at different places. But it's all about management. Our country has no management.''

Asked later, as he signed autographs, how such a database would be different from Jews having to register in Nazi Germany, Mr. Trump repeatedly said, "You tell me," until he stopped responding to the question.

Both Mr. Trump and Ben Carson, the top two Republican presidential candidates in most polls, have made sharply provocative remarks about Muslim refugees from Syria and Iraq, and have been criticized by Muslim groups in the United States.

On Thursday, Mr. Carson seemed to equate refugees' seeking entrance to the United States to "a rabid dog running around your neighborhood.'' Both Mr. Carson's and Mr. Trump's remarks came the day the House voted to severely restrict the flow of Syrian and Iraqi refugees into the United States, amid security concerns after the terrorist assaults in Paris.

Syt

Yeah, I'm curious if he will follow through on that - has he mentioned anything in the last year?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

MadImmortalMan

Let's not pretend the president has that kind of power. Even if he wanted to.

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Syt

I wonder if Trump is only realizing now how caged he will be.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Syt on November 11, 2016, 03:45:26 AM
I wonder if Trump is only realizing now how caged he will be.

I would love to watch the process of how Trump deals with the Sir Humphreys. The stuff tends to swallow you. Trump in the the Hacker position sounds absolutely comedic.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Syt

Also, he's making a list, and checking it twice ...

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/11/09/politics/omarosa-list-donald-trump/index.html

QuoteOmarosa: Trump campaign keeping 'list' of enemies

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump surrogate Omarosa Manigault said the President-elect's campaign is keeping a list of people who did not support his run to the White House.

"Let me just tell you, Mr. Trump has a long memory and we're keeping a list," Manigault, the campaign's director of African-American outreach, told the Independent Journal Review, an online news outlet started by two former GOP staffers aimed at a center-right audience.

Manigault made the comment in response to Sen. Lindsey Graham's tweet that he supported conservative presidential candidate Evan McMullin.

Manigault, an ordained minister, responded by suggesting that the South Carolina Republican was an enemy and said "God bless him."

"If (Graham) felt his interests was with that candidate, God bless him. I would never judge anybody for exercising their right to and the freedom to choose who they want," she said.

"It's so great our enemies are making themselves clear so that when we get in to the White House, we know where we stand," the former reality show contestant added.

Graham, a Trump primary opponent, pledged along with other Republican candidates to support whoever won the Republican nomination.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Martinus

I just love how shrill the anti-Trumpers here are. derspiess has been called "derGestapo", Hamilcar and I have been called "Volksdeutsch" (well, we have been called "Volkdeutsch" but that's because Zoupa is semi-illiterate). And all of this for suggesting "gee, how about we wait and see a few weeks before we declare Trump the new Hitler".

Martinus

Meanwhile...

Quote'So who's going to assassinate Trump?' Twitter erupts with calls for the Donald to be killed after he wins the election
Twitter has erupted with users making death threats against Donald Trump since he was elected to become the next president of the United States
'So who's going to assassinate Trump at his inauguration?' one Twitter user demanded to know
Others also called for the death of vice president-elect Mike Pence
Sources close to the Secret Service said the agency was monitoring the situation and had seen a spike in threats since election day
They said that 'every threat is taken seriously' as it's likley that those posting will be investigated
The Secret Service has a history of investigating threats against people making threats on Twitter
Security has been bumped up around Trump's New York home including a no-fly zone and concrete posts around Trump tower

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3924052/Twitter-erupts-calls-Donald-Trump-assassinated-elected-president-United-States.html

katmai

I'm sure Obama never had any threats against him.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

celedhring

Quote from: katmai on November 11, 2016, 04:57:32 AM
I'm sure Obama never had any threats against him.

Also, the answer to the first sentence in the paragraph is "nobody".

Berkut

Quote from: Martinus on November 11, 2016, 04:41:55 AM
I just love how shrill the anti-Trumpers here are. derspiess has been called "derGestapo", Hamilcar and I have been called "Volksdeutsch" (well, we have been called "Volkdeutsch" but that's because Zoupa is semi-illiterate). And all of this for suggesting "gee, how about we wait and see a few weeks before we declare Trump the new Hitler".

I just love how whiny you get. Rinse out your vag, and find your big girl panties.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned