News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: alfred russel on May 11, 2017, 12:31:12 PM
(how is it possible for a wharton grad to be so uneducated? Could he be playing stupid?)
it is possible that rich people do not fail university but it has nothing to do with grades.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

alfred russel

Of all the possible motivations for firing comey, the one I haven't seen mentioned is that Trump is a reality TV president and every reality show needs drama or it will get canceled. Trump consistently produced drama as a candidate, and has continued to do so as president.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

The Minsky Moment

So after his staff cobbled together the whole cover story about Rosenstein being commissioned to do an objective independent analysis of Comey, Trump went on NBC and blurted out that he intended to fire Comey all along and that the Rosenstein "recommendation" was irrelevant. 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

Wasn't there a plan at some point to shut out the failing fake news outlets?  Dude has been doing a shitload of interviews.

Barrister

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 11, 2017, 03:48:34 PM
So after his staff cobbled together the whole cover story about Rosenstein being commissioned to do an objective independent analysis of Comey, Trump went on NBC and blurted out that he intended to fire Comey all along and that the Rosenstein "recommendation" was irrelevant.

Sean Spicer's stand-in said that firing Comey will help bring a close to the Russia investigation.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/11/politics/comey-fbi-investigation-russia-sarah-huckabee-sanders/
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

FunkMonk

:lol:

Trump is his own worst agent.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 11, 2017, 03:51:03 PM
Wasn't there a plan at some point to shut out the failing fake news outlets?  Dude has been doing a shitload of interviews.

Never.  It's an ongoing abusive relationship.  He hates them, spits on them, beats them on pay day--but can't live without them, and adores them when he is adored.

Anyway, watch Spicey is going to be gone;  The Donald is getting good feedback from I Heart Huckabees, Spicey's on Navy Reserve duty for about 10 days, and with Melissa McCarthy hosting SNL this week, that will be it for Mr. Moose Lambs.

DontSayBanana

That makes it worse, IMO.  If the intention "all along" was to fire Comey, then that means we've got a POTUS who takes 3 1/2 months to shit or get off the pot when it comes to firing somebody.

Not exactly "decisive leadership."
Experience bij!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on May 11, 2017, 05:13:44 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 11, 2017, 05:07:16 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on May 11, 2017, 04:14:28 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 11, 2017, 12:27:19 PM
We had a good run.

Says the guy who jumped ship.  <_<

I'm on a 5 year visa. Ok?

Can you still get citizenship after 3?

No. However, you can apply for indefinite leave to remain once you hit 5 years.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !