And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Who's the fat chipmunk trump supporter.
:lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

That's Jason Miller, Trump's original press guy.  Would've had Sean Spicer's job, but got busted fucking on the campaign trail with a pregnant wife at home.

viper37

Quote from: Oexmelin on May 09, 2017, 09:50:12 PM
Banana Republicans.
We're insulting the bananas, according to Boucar Diouf ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

jimmy olsen

Tea Party caucus to the rescue?  :huh:

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/332659-gop-lawmaker-calls-for-independent-commission-on-russia-after-comeys

Justin Amash‏Verified account
@justinamash

My staff and I are reviewing legislation to establish an independent commission on Russia. The second paragraph of this letter is bizarre.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Guess this is what Trump panicked over?

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/09/politics/grand-jury-fbi-russia/index.html

Washington (CNN) — Federal prosecutors have issued grand jury subpoenas to associates of former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn seeking business records, as part of the ongoing probe of Russian meddling in last year's election, according to people familiar with the matter. CNN learned of the subpoenas hours before President Donald Trump fired FBI director James Comey.

The subpoenas represent the first sign of a significant escalation of activity in the FBI's broader investigation begun last July into possible ties between Trump campaign associates and Russia.

The subpoenas issued in recent weeks by the US Attorney's Office in Alexandria, Virginia, were received by associates who worked with Flynn on contracts after he was forced out as director of the Defense Intelligence Agency in 2014, according to the people familiar with the investigation.

Investigators have been looking into possible wrongdoing in how Flynn handled disclosures about payments from clients tied to foreign governments including Russia and Turkey, US officials briefed on the matter have told CNN.

The Flynn inquiry is one piece of the broader investigation, which FBI Director James Comey testified in a Senate hearing last week is led jointly by the Alexandria US Attorney's Office and the Justice Department's National Security Division.

Flynn was forced to resign as Trump's national security advisor in February after failing to disclose the nature of phone discussions with Russia's ambassador in Washington, Sergey Kislyak.

Congressional investigators have also accused Flynn of possibly breaking the law by not properly disclosing a $45,000 payment for an appearance he made at an event in Moscow to celebrate Russia Today. The Russian government-funded news outlet that US intelligence agencies say played a key role in disseminating stolen emails intended to damage the candidacy of Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential election.

Flynn's lawyer, Robert Kelner, has said that Flynn was not hiding anything, noting that he briefed the DIA on his trip to Russia.

"As has previously been reported, General Flynn briefed the Defense Intelligence Agency, a component agency of DoD, extensively regarding the RT speaking event trip both before and after the trip, and he answered any questions that were posed by DIA concerning the trip during those briefings," Kelner said in a statement

In March, Flynn's lobbying firm registered as a foreign agent for the Turkish government, under a $500,000 contract.

Flynn, a retired Army lieutenant general, emerged in 2015 as a strident critic of the Obama administration, which fired him. He built a close relationship last year with then-candidate Trump and became a frequent Trump campaign surrogate before assuming a brief tenure as national security advisor.

US Attorney Dana Boente, whose office issued the subpoenas, is also leading the investigation into WikiLeaks and the effort to bring possible charges against the group's founder, Julian Assange. Boente is also acting as head of the Justice Department's national security section.

The FBI interviewed Flynn about the December calls with Kislyak and determined that he wasn't intentionally trying to be deceptive about the nature of what was discussed, according to US officials briefed on the investigation. But investigators have been investigating Flynn's business ties after he left the government and before he joined the Trump administration.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: 11B4V on May 09, 2017, 07:41:37 PM
Fivemilesofbadroad comes out of the woodwork to spew shit. :lol:

And her responses seem even more broken...though some of that could be that I'm no longer accustom to her weak attempts to change direction and obfuscate matters. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

FunkMonk

Probably wasn't smart of Donald to make an enemy out of the entire FBI.

I heard the FBI is like Texas: They think they're the own country.  :D

Donald has hilariously bad impulses. We're really all going to die, aren't we?
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tamas

Do you think there is a realistic chance for him appointing a loyal guy and making this investigation go away?

Syt

"Trump appoints experienced veteran of intelligence community as head of FBI"
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Tamas on May 10, 2017, 04:15:54 AM
Do you think there is a realistic chance for him appointing a loyal guy and making this investigation go away?

Prepare your butts for FBI Director Rudy G.

:bleeding:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 10, 2017, 03:51:31 AM
Donald has hilariously bad impulses. We're really all going to die, aren't we?

Think of it this way:  we escaped the nuclear crisis of 1962 by a hair's breadth, and with some of the best and brightest minds in government and academia pulling us back from the edge of the abyss.  During the chill of the 1982-1985, when we weren't even sure who was in charge of the Kremlin, the best of the Cold Warriors were at the helm.  We could always rely on the fact that, if anything happened, it wouldn't have been because we started it. 

But now?  We have this guy:  an illiterate TV celebrity with Narcissist Personality Disorder with Dunning-Kruger characteristics, an outer-borough lowbrow with the maturity and attention span of a 6 year old sex offender with ADHD.

Pinning your hopes on guys like Mattis and McMaster?  They will long be fired, or have resigned in this monkey shitfight of an Administration.  So yeah, Magic 8 Balls says, "Not So Good."  Luckily, I made peace with our impending nuclear holocaust when he won the Republican nomination last summer.  You should too.

Obama: 'You get the politicians you deserve'

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 10, 2017, 05:01:10 AM
Quote from: Tamas on May 10, 2017, 04:15:54 AM

Prepare your butts for FBI Director Rudy G.

:bleeding:

Who says he appoints anybody at all?

Eddie Teach

Trump is great buddies with Putin and Xi. Nuclear holocaust is very unlikely outside Korea.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?