News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Monoriu on May 06, 2017, 04:45:39 PM
Thanks.  I have always thought that something that is jury-rigged is unfair.

Jury rigs are done out of necessity, and aren't as good as what they replace.  They aren't really unfair so much as they are desperate.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

mongers

So is the Trump administration jerry-rigged, jury-rigged or will it only last four years through the efforts of a rigged jury ( [Cdm] Supreme court [/Cdm]) ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on May 06, 2017, 11:10:26 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 06, 2017, 08:16:58 AM
Quote from: grumbler on May 05, 2017, 10:25:29 PM
Quote from: DGuller on May 05, 2017, 10:22:39 PM
For all intensive purposes both terms mean the same thing.

Don't be such a pre-Madonna.  It's a doggy-dog world.

The difference is subtle but real.  Thar's why there are two different words.

And you felt the need to mock someone when they used the term in a perfectly reasonable way.  Yeah, real subtle there Grumbles.

:lmfao:  Who did I mock (besides you and DGuller, both for saying dumb stuff)?  I think that maybe you should consider whether subtlety is beyond your comprehension.

Of course you do remember what you said and you are going into your typical attack mode to deflect one of your unwarranted attacks on another poster.  You said:

Quote:lmfao:  Tim took English class from Lady Mondegreen

Oh very subtle.  Either you didnt know that the term jury rigged existed - leading to your assertion Tim was using a malapropism - the most likely conclusion given the use of your :lmfao: or you were just being an ass given that jury rigged was perfectly acceptable in that context.

Either way, you really should stop digging.  We can't even blame this on Trump.  You have always been like this.

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 07, 2017, 08:37:32 AM
Quote from: grumbler on May 06, 2017, 11:10:26 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 06, 2017, 08:16:58 AM
Quote from: grumbler on May 05, 2017, 10:25:29 PM
Quote from: DGuller on May 05, 2017, 10:22:39 PM
For all intensive purposes both terms mean the same thing.

Don't be such a pre-Madonna.  It's a doggy-dog world.

The difference is subtle but real.  Thar's why there are two different words.

And you felt the need to mock someone when they used the term in a perfectly reasonable way.  Yeah, real subtle there Grumbles.

:lmfao:  Who did I mock (besides you and DGuller, both for saying dumb stuff)?  I think that maybe you should consider whether subtlety is beyond your comprehension.

Of course you do remember what you said and you are going into your typical attack mode to deflect one of your unwarranted attacks on another poster.  You said:

Quote:lmfao:  Tim took English class from Lady Mondegreen

Oh very subtle.  Either you didnt know that the term jury rigged existed - leading to your assertion Tim was using a malapropism - the most likely conclusion given the use of your :lmfao: or you were just being an ass given that jury rigged was perfectly acceptable in that context.

Either way, you really should stop digging.  We can't even blame this on Trump.  You have always been like this.

If you know what a mondegreen is, then you will know why I said that Tim was using one.  If you don't, then you probably feel justified in claiming that my noting one was "mocking."  I know that you think that "jury rigged" was perfectly acceptable in that context.  I don't expect you to understand why he really meant "jerry rigged."  That's okay.  I knew my little quip would sail way over your head when I wrote it.  You and Siege (at least Siege as he pretends to be here) are definitely not my target audience.  Even before Trump got elected, I was not trying to use ideas and vocabulary that I thought were at your comprehension level.

My advice is, stop digging.  It is possible that one day you will be able to understand the difference between jerry-rigged and jury-rigged, and you will find yourself deeply embarrassed about this series of whines.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

PDH

But what does this have to do with the Civil War?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

This is why we can't have megathreads.

dps

Quote from: grumbler on May 07, 2017, 09:37:42 AM
I don't expect you to understand why he really meant "jerry rigged." 

While I suspect that you are correct that he really meant "jerry rigged", it's hard to tell with Timmay.  'Cause while his command of English leaves much to be desired (oh, those poor, poor Korean students of his), he also says a lot of stupid things even when he doesn't butcher the language.

CountDeMoney

Mick Mulvaney has officially passed Paul Ryan to #1 on my list of "Irish Catholics that Need to be Excommunicated"

Zoupa

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 07, 2017, 03:08:39 PM
Mick Mulvaney has officially passed Paul Ryan to #1 on my list of "Irish Catholics that Need to be Excommunicated"

Wtf Ryan is Catholic? Ouch. You can't be Catholic AND a Randtard.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Zoupa on May 07, 2017, 03:57:22 PM

Actually, he attributes his economic philosophy to his Catholic upbringing.  You have to have one hell of a morally bankrupt and ethically void budget proposal if it makes a bunch of nuns get on a bus and drive all the to Wisconsin to tell you that's not how you were raised, young man.

The HJIC at the home office in Rome needs to smite both of them in their dicks, in the name of Holy Mother Church.

Admiral Yi

You just have to be to the right of Castro to get Maryknolls on a bus.

Eddie Teach

Why not? You guys ignore il papa on abortion, he ignores him on the poor.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Zoupa

Quote from: Eddie Teach on May 07, 2017, 05:09:03 PM

Why not? You guys ignore il papa on abortion, he ignores him on the poor.

There's nothing in the Bible about abortion. Plenty about the poor though.

HVC

The poor go to heaven, so really the best thing you can do for someone is to ensure they're poor :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.