And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Zoupa on November 17, 2016, 02:48:22 AM
Quote from: Hamilcar on November 17, 2016, 02:01:17 AM
So, Trump wants to meet Abe (if he can find the time). Isn't it traditional for new presidents to meet with the Canadian PM before any other leaders?

Traditionally, the newly elected President goes to Ottawa for his first foreign trip.

Good time as any to break that one.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on November 17, 2016, 10:30:49 AM
Quote from: Zoupa on November 17, 2016, 02:48:22 AM
Quote from: Hamilcar on November 17, 2016, 02:01:17 AM
So, Trump wants to meet Abe (if he can find the time). Isn't it traditional for new presidents to meet with the Canadian PM before any other leaders?

Traditionally, the newly elected President goes to Ottawa for his first foreign trip.

Good time as any to break that one.

W's first trip was to Mexico, so it's already been broken (though Obama did come here first).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Crazy_Ivan80

PJL

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 16, 2016, 07:43:00 PM
Things I learned from the news media today:

Trump likes his steak well done, the right proper way.

No, that the WRONG answer. Everyone knows that authoritarian like their steak rare, preferably raw:

https://youtu.be/DPzzgE34YQY

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grinning_Colossus

Well that's interesting. Not much international experience beyond evangelizing, but so much better than the other names floated.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

CountDeMoney

Likr it matters.  Won't listen to him anyway.  Here, GOP types, here's your bone!  #MoronTabernacleChoir

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 17, 2016, 05:11:41 PM
Likr it matters.  Won't listen to him anyway.  Here, GOP types, here's your bone!  #MoronTabernacleChoir

I guess theo only thing Romney could be thinking is that he prevents someone crazy from taking the position?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

I think they are just running out of confirmable people. :lol:

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 17, 2016, 05:16:44 PM

I wasn't getting into why Trump might appoint him but rather why he'd want to tie himself to a turd.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on November 17, 2016, 05:17:57 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 17, 2016, 05:16:44 PM

I wasn't getting into why Trump might appoint him but rather why he'd want to tie himself to a turd.

I would want to increase my chances of being overseas in the event we go DonCon 1 as well.

Ideologue

Romney demurs, asks for the ambassadorship to Australia.  Immortan Mitt.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on November 17, 2016, 05:15:01 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 17, 2016, 05:11:41 PM

I guess theo only thing Romney could be thinking is that he prevents someone crazy from taking the position?

Yeah, it's a doomed prospect.  I'd be shocked if he lasted six months in a Trump white house, but I can understand his thinking.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Eddie Teach

Angry tweets can reach anywhere, there is no escape.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?