And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

You know what'll be great fun?  Trump tweeting about the nation's most confidential national security plans from the shitter at 3:30 in the morning--not that he even takes them seriously anyway.

President-elect Donald Trump is about to learn the nation's 'deep secrets'

[twitter]Whats up with this coup tomorrow in Egypt? I bet they will blame the US. So Unfair! #MAGA[/twitter]

Syt

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 13, 2016, 05:38:18 PMYour singularity will come but you'll need to move to Berlin for it.

The way German politicians are way behind the curve on all things digital economy and innovation? Not likely! :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Phillip V

Affirming his campaign pledge to appoint Supreme Court justices who oppose abortion, President-elect Donald Trump on Sunday said that women would "have to go to another state" to get an abortion if the court were to overturn Roe v. Wade.

"Having to do with abortion, if it ever were overturned, it would go back to the states," he said in his first post-election interview, on CBS' "60 Minutes."

"Yeah, but then some women won't be able to get an abortion?" Lesley Stahl asked.

Trump responded: "Yeah, well, they'll perhaps have to go, they'll have to go to another state."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-abortion_us_58291447e4b02d21bbc955b8

Hamilcar

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 13, 2016, 11:11:51 PM
You know what'll be great fun?  Trump tweeting about the nation's most confidential national security plans from the shitter at 3:30 in the morning--not that he even takes them seriously anyway.

President-elect Donald Trump is about to learn the nation's 'deep secrets'

[twitter]Whats up with this coup tomorrow in Egypt? I bet they will blame the US. So Unfair! #MAGA[/twitter]

:lol:

Martinus

Quote from: DGuller on November 13, 2016, 09:40:15 PM
Quote from: dps on November 13, 2016, 08:46:29 PM
I think that I understand the people hurt in the short term by free trade more than most people here (for one thing, I don't feel any need to demonize the people who are being hurt by free trade as racists), but I have to admit that the result of this election causes me to strongly question how seriously I've considered the problem.
I don't demonize people hurt by free trade as racists.  I demonize racists as racists.  Now, the political reality may be that economic problem exacerbate people's willingness to fall for racist rhetoric, and maybe that political reality has to be respected seriously, but that doesn't mean that those people themselves have to be respected.  Free trade or not, they're still bigots.

I think it's more about priorities.

People are faced with a choice:
- a candidate who is not racist but does not care about their jobs and
- a candidate who uses racist rhetoric but seems to care about their jobs.

That is also why people in the most white areas voted for Trump - it doesn't (necessarily) mean they agree with his racist rhetoric, it means it is not an issue for them and they just ignore it.

Martinus

In any case, with rhetorics like that coming from the left, what we know about the TRUMP presidency is that it will go on for 8 years:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/a-vote-for-trump-was-a-hate-crime_us_58249871e4b0edfa1393613a

11B4V

Quote from: Martinus on November 14, 2016, 01:19:59 AM
In any case, with rhetorics like that coming from the left, what we know about the TRUMP presidency is that it will go on for 8 years:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/a-vote-for-trump-was-a-hate-crime_us_58249871e4b0edfa1393613a

Hysterics.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Martinus

What I find really disturbing about the line of thought as presented in that article is that not only it doesn't try to downplay emotional hysterical reactions of some people, but then goes on to use such reactions as an objective evidence against whatever is causing them to have such a reaction.

"People on my Facebook reacted with hysterics to Trump's victory ergo Trump's victory is bad."

But that's what happens when you start to consider emotions as a valid basis for a public discourse.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Solmyr

Quote from: Martinus on November 14, 2016, 03:59:08 AM
What I find really disturbing about the line of thought as presented in that article is that not only it doesn't try to downplay emotional hysterical reactions of some people, but then goes on to use such reactions as an objective evidence against whatever is causing them to have such a reaction.

"People on my Facebook reacted with hysterics to Trump's victory ergo Trump's victory is bad."

But that's what happens when you start to consider emotions as a valid basis for a public discourse.

Because Trump's campaign was not emotional or hysterical at all.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Martinus on November 14, 2016, 03:59:08 AM

Are you fucking serious? That was the whole reasoning behind Trump's fact free campaign.

As for hysterics, 22 million people are going to lose their health insurance. Paul Ryan is gunning for Medicare. Tens of thousands will die because of this over the next four years.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

viper37

Quote from: Martinus on November 14, 2016, 01:00:32 AM
People are faced with a choice:
- a candidate who is not racist but does not care about their jobs and
- a candidate who uses racist rhetoric but seems to care about their jobs.
Only an idiot would think Trump really cares about his job.  Trump cares about Trump.  End of story.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Razgovory

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 13, 2016, 07:55:56 PM

You linked a loonie site, as is your wont.

It is a loony site, but it's a loony ideology.  And now that ideology informs the Whitehouse.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017