What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Yeah, Trump wouldn't know who Hercules was.

Syt

Regardless, what is not fake is Trump's marking Ivana's passing - which was also sent out in his org's standard fundraising email format. Classy.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Valmy

RIP Ivana. I will always remember Jan Hooks playing you on SNL.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxzaaRQsexY

Murdoch owned WSJ and NY Post call Trump a shit head.

This is seismic.

Zoupa

I think GOPtard voters have long moved past reading newspapers, and get their opinions from crackpot websites and shitty facebook takes.

So not really seismic.

HVC

Won't mean anything until fox turns. His followers don't seem like the type to read news papers.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sheilbh

I don't know if it's seismic, but I still think the guy to watch is DeSantis.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Seismic because:

AFAIK WSJ and NY Post haven't bad mouthed Trump up to now.  WSJ has outsized readership in the donor class.
Owned by Murdoch.
Each defection from the cult decreases the validation of the echo chamber.  Nobody wants to be the one kook when every one else has moved on.

Razgovory

Fox News is inching away from Trump and really pushing De Santis.  I don't think there will be a dramatic break with Trump with Fox.  Murdoch knows that Trump will likely be indicted and they need a despot in the wings to cover.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

FunkMonk

Yeah, I don't really get the whole "Trump is done now thing". The man could go to jail for literally murdering and cannibalizing his daughter on national television and the GOP base would still regard him as a cult hero who fought the good fight and only broke because he was betrayed by RINOs or whatever.

He may never be elected President again but his influence will live on in the electorate for a long time and that is perhaps the most pernicious thing about this terrible era of American politics. 
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

OttoVonBismarck

The reality is DeSantis probably beats Biden in a walk, while Biden can probably beat Trump again (it would be close.) People in the chatterati put way too much emphasis on Biden's poor polling--approval ratings don't have a 1:1 relationship with voting, and I think Trump's brand is so toxic with some of the suburban women who bailed on him in 2020 that as unhappy as they are with Biden, they'll still hold their nose and vote for him again before they'll give the keys back to Trump.

The GOP professional political class knows this, and it is unsurprising they are putting support behind DeSantis. The big risk for them is that DeSantis probably can't easily beat Trump in a 1:1 primary, and likely can't beat him at all in a multifield primary.

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 26, 2022, 09:46:23 AMHe may never be elected President again but his influence will live on in the electorate for a long time and that is perhaps the most pernicious thing about this terrible era of American politics. 

See I don't blame Trump for that. Trump in my mind tapped a current that was already there, a lot of people really don't agree with the great liberal project that was tacitly accepted by both parties post-Civil Rights era. They'd long been wanting to reassert that openly, and were already starting to in various venues before Trump came onto the scene.

Jacob

So the DoJ is investigating Trump now.

This could play out a number of different ways, I suppose.

OttoVonBismarck

The way it will likely play out is they do nothing substantive before the 2024 election.