What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 17, 2022, 11:42:59 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on May 17, 2022, 10:39:32 PMSeems likely Dr. Oz loses his primary, too. :yeah:

Who is Dr. Oz?

A medical doctor that saw/decided there were more money in TV and giving away poorly veted advice than in actually working as a doctor.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 17, 2022, 11:42:59 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on May 17, 2022, 10:39:32 PMSeems likely Dr. Oz loses his primary, too. :yeah:

Who is Dr. Oz?

His real name is Oscar Zoroaster Phadrig Isaac Norman Henkle Emmannuel Ambroise Diggs.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 17, 2022, 11:00:43 PM

The Times is reporting too close to call
Oz is up by about a thousand votes. Seems unlikely to lose unless there was a tabulation error somewhere.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/05/20/pennsylvania-republican-senate-primary-recount/
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

FunkMonk

Dr. Oz will become Trump's Secretary of Health and Human Services after he wins in 2024.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

grumbler

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 21, 2022, 11:19:33 AMDr. Oz will become Trump's Secretary of Health and Human Services after he wins in 2024.

Dunno.  If he has any enemies in the party, they will crucify him with his non-pandering support for choice and gun control.  He only joined the wacko wing of the party because he wants to be a senator more than he wants to be honest.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

alfred russel

Was on a flight to Istanbul not too long ago on Turkish airlines and they subjected everyone to a propaganda video about something I don't remember (maybe how great Turkey is or Turkish airlines). The dude talking seemed familiar but couldn't place him...was wondering what american hack they got to front for Erdogan; turns out it was Dr. Oz. I guess Erdogan deserves to have a US senator since he can't get in the EU.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

The Larch

QuoteAt NRA forum, Trump mocks GOP leaders who didn't attend

The National Rifle Association Convention is holding its annual convention in Houston — in the same state where 19 children and two adults were killed when a gunman opened fire at an elementary school on Tuesday.
(...)
A slew of Texas lawmakers were expected to be there, including Republican Gov. Greg Abbott, although Abbott announced late Thursday that he would no longer be attending in person and would address the convention by a pre-recorded video. Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick announced Friday morning that he, too, would skip the NRA forum in the wake of the Uvalde shooting.

In his pre-recorded remarks, Abbott spoke about the Uvalde shooting. And at his news conference in Uvalde, he said he was "livid" about being "misled" by officials about the response when the shooter entered the building.

Former President Donald Trump still appeared at the convention despite the absences of Abbott, Patrick and other politicians. Without mentioning them by name, Trump said "unlike some others, I didn't disappoint you by not showing up today."

After that swipe, Trump read the names of the victims of the Uvalde shooting, which was followed by a gong. He touched on some of the themes pushed earlier by Sen. Ted Cruz — blaming broken families and mental illness. He called for a single point of entry for school security and contended that "gun free zones" at schools make them unsafe.

He called for immunity from lawsuits for police and praised the law enforcement who he said "stopped the Texas shooter."

Trump brought a man up on stage who had stopped a shooting at a church in White Settlement, Texas, in 2019. Jack Wilson said he "didn't kill —  I took out evil." Wilson praised Trump, saying "you're still our president."

After Wilson's remarks, Trump returned to talking about his time in office and slamming the Biden administration. He insisted the Second Amendment is "under siege" and darkly predicted that new gun control laws would be the "first step" because they want "total gun confiscation," although there are no proposed gun control measures that call for this.

Trump claimed that he had "saved" cities such as Minneapolis, Kenosha, Seattle and Chicago during protests and received some of his biggest cheers when he told the crowd, "If I did it again — run for president and win — I would no longer feel obligated to do that way."
(...)
Several of the musicians scheduled to perform have also pulled out, including Don McLean and country singer Lee Greenwood. And Daniel Defense, a weapons manufacturer, told CBS News in a statement that they would no longer be attending "due to the horrifying tragedy in Uvalde, Texas where one of our products was criminally misused. We believe this week is not the appropriate time to be promoting our products in Texas at the NRA meeting."

The Larch

Quote from: The Larch on May 28, 2022, 09:52:31 AMTrump read the names of the victims of the Uvalde shooting, which was followed by a gong

More details on this...

QuoteDonald Trump's Stiff Chant Of Uvalde Victims' Names At NRA Rally Curdles Critics' Blood

Former President Donald Trump's mangled recitation of the names of the 21 Uvalde, Texas, mass shooting victims at the National Rifle Association's convention on Friday made Twitter critics' blood run cold.

The names of the 19 children and two teachers, broken up into hardly recognizable syllables in Trump's stumbling pronunciation, were interspersed with the funereal sound of a gong.

Despite the tragedy, Trump hailed the NRA in his speech at its convention in Houston and ended his remarks with his trademark clenched fists and "cha-cha-cha" dance move.

Eddie Teach

Is there really a town named "White Settlement"?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

In any other country with any other organisation that would be damning.

Somehow I expect it'll be business as usual there.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Larch on May 28, 2022, 09:59:31 AM
Quote from: The Larch on May 28, 2022, 09:52:31 AMTrump read the names of the victims of the Uvalde shooting, which was followed by a gong

More details on this...

QuoteDonald Trump's Stiff Chant Of Uvalde Victims' Names At NRA Rally Curdles Critics' Blood

Former President Donald Trump's mangled recitation of the names of the 21 Uvalde, Texas, mass shooting victims at the National Rifle Association's convention on Friday made Twitter critics' blood run cold.

The names of the 19 children and two teachers, broken up into hardly recognizable syllables in Trump's stumbling pronunciation, were interspersed with the funereal sound of a gong.

Despite the tragedy, Trump hailed the NRA in his speech at its convention in Houston and ended his remarks with his trademark clenched fists and "cha-cha-cha" dance move.

I wonder what the Hoaxers felt about this.

Josquius

Yeah. I can see one of two possibilities

1: he's just doing the minimum he has to so as not to scare away the normies

2: you could tell he was joking.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

It must be terryifing to have nearly half of your fellow citizens vote for and support a nihilistic death cult.