What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

It's also not that common to see such blatant evidence of witnesses tampering.  Even street thugs know better than to use texts and emails to intimidate and tamper with witnesses, not to mention elaborate by using famous examples of tampering and obstruction from history and film. 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSEm4-SQBXs

Last week intelligence officials briefed the House Intelligence Committee (chairman Little Adam Schiff) on Russian attempts to keep Trump in office.  Someone, probably Nunes, ran to daddy, and Trump yelled at the outgoing Director of National Intelligence.

Razgovory

Attacking the individual jurors is a new one on me.  I didn't even know you could do that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

viper37

"And the winner is a movie from South Korea," said Trump. "What the hell was that all about? We got enough problems with South Korea with trade. On top of it, they give him the best movie of the year? Was it good? I don't know. Can we get 'Gone With the Wind' back please? 'Sunset Boulevard.' So many great movies, the winner is from South Korea. I thought it was best foreign film, right?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

The Minsky Moment

Independent Press Journal
@IndyPressLive
Trump should have gotten an academy award for "best supporting actor in a Russian film"...

I can totally get why Trump would feel uncomfortable about a movie whose plot centers around a grifter family living in a great house where they don't belong.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Minsky Moment

--Joan Robinson

Savonarola

Quote from: viper37 on February 20, 2020, 10:12:53 PM
"And the winner is a movie from South Korea," said Trump. "What the hell was that all about? We got enough problems with South Korea with trade. On top of it, they give him the best movie of the year? Was it good? I don't know. Can we get 'Gone With the Wind' back please? 'Sunset Boulevard.' So many great movies, the winner is from South Korea. I thought it was best foreign film, right?

He's become our Art Critic in Chief of late:

'Just Plain Ugly': Proposed Executive Order Takes Aim At Modern Architecture

QuoteThe architectural world is reeling over President Trump's call for traditional designs for new Federal buildings. His proposed executive order is called "Make Federal Buildings Beautiful Again," it takes an out-with-the-new, in-with-the-old approach to architecture, calling modern federal buildings constructed over the last five decades "undistinguished," "uninspiring" and "just plain ugly."
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

merithyn

Great. We're now entering the Age of Trumpism in architecture.  :yucky:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

Romanesque styles? Gothic?

What are they going to look like churches?

I think that courthouse in Salt Lake City is nice looking.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

I would presume neo-classical, since he seems to fancy himself an Emperor. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Oexmelin

You're not an authoritarian unless you have a hard-on for fake Roman buildings.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Maximus

They're going to look like towers with the word "Trump" across the front.

The Minsky Moment

QuoteThe design of Federal office buildings, particularly those to be located in the nation's capital, must meet a two-fold requirement. First, it must provide efficient and economical facilities for the use of Government agencies. Second, it must provide visual testimony to the dignity, enterprise, vigor and stability of the American Government.

It should be our object to meet the test of Pericles' evocation to the Athenians, which the President commended to the Massachusetts legislature in his address of January 9, 1961: "We do not imitate – for we are a model to others." . . .

The policy shall be to provide requisite and adequate facilities in an architectural style and form which is distinguished and which will reflect the dignity, enterprise, vigor and stability of the American National Government. Major emphasis should be placed on the choice of designs that embody the finest contemporary American architectural thought. Specific attention should be paid to the possibilities of incorporating into such designs qualities which reflect the regional architectural traditions of that part of the Nation in which buildings are located. Where appropriate, fine art should be incorporated in the designs, with emphasis on the work of living American artists. Designs shall adhere to sound construction practice and utilize materials, methods and equipment of proven dependability. Buildings shall be economical to build, operate and maintain, and should be accessible to the handicapped.   

The development of an official style must be avoided. Design must flow from the architectural profession to the Government, and not vice versa. The Government should be willing to pay some additional cost to avoid excessive uniformity in design of Federal buildings. Competitions for the design of Federal buildings may be held where appropriate. The advice of distinguished architects, as a rule, ought to be sought prior to the award of important design contracts.    

The choice and development of the building site should be considered the first step of the design process. This choice should be made in cooperation with local agencies. Special attention should be paid to the general ensemble of streets and public places of which Federal buildings will form a part. Where possible, buildings should be located so as to permit a generous development of landscape.

Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Giants replaced by pygmies.
--Joan Robinson