What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

It sucks having an internet troll as a President.

In any case at least he did not appoint Xi Jinping to his office.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on August 23, 2019, 12:01:20 PM
It sucks having an internet troll as a President.

Don't blame me, I voted for Jaron
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Brain

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 23, 2019, 11:58:30 AM
Donald tweeted that he has "hereby ordered" all US companies to "look for alternatives to China" and asked if the Fed Chairman is a greater enemy than Xi Jinping.

:hmm:

As long as Congress doesn't stop him he is setting precedents at an alarming rate. And since the only collection of humans less capable than the US Congress is the British Parliament things look grim.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Maximus

Quote from: The Brain on August 23, 2019, 12:25:45 PM
And since the only collection of humans less capable than the US Congress is the British Parliament things look grim.
Depends on what you mean by "collection".

viper37

Quote from: garbon on August 22, 2019, 06:49:31 AM
Quote from: viper37 on August 22, 2019, 06:44:48 AM
No one talks of Trump's Messiah's complex?  He is now considered the Second coming* by Israeli Jews, apparently...

*Yes, he is THAT powerful.  They're now all Jews for Jesus ;)

This would be another example.
not really.
It's the President pandering to his Evangelical base, it should be of concern.  Trying to understand your ennemy and counter his moves, this kind of thing.

Not that the Democrats have anything to concern themselves about.  I've heard they're doing very fine at destroying themselves.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

Quote from: viper37 on August 23, 2019, 05:10:14 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 23, 2019, 01:03:07 AM
Have you ever banged a Jewesss Veep?
no, never even met one in person.

Really?  That's weird.  I'm a recluse living in the Ozarks and I've met plenty of Jews.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on August 23, 2019, 06:50:33 PM
Quote from: viper37 on August 23, 2019, 05:10:14 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 23, 2019, 01:03:07 AM
Have you ever banged a Jewesss Veep?
no, never even met one in person.

Really?  That's weird.  I'm a recluse living in the Ozarks and I've met plenty of Jews.
There was one Jewish family here, but I think they converted to catholicism long before I was born...

Only good Catholics were allowed to settle in New France, so Jews only arrived with the British.  As such, they are mostly closer to the English population and most live in Montreal.

After Quebec was allowed to received non British immigrants, a few French jewish families emigrated here, but there ain't a ton either, and again, they tend to be concentrated around Montreal, because that's were most Jewish families are, and it facilitates religious practice when there's more than 2 or 3 people of the same Faith.

viper37

Quote from: Habbaku on August 23, 2019, 05:18:40 PM
How would you know?
Ah, well, I'll say it's possible I have met people of Jewish origins in person.  I don't know anyone of Jewish origin or Faith personally though.

Ah, maybe... there was a Jewish family living here, but I think they converted to Catholicism long before my birth.  Their name still lives on in a local clothing store, though they are no longer the owners.

Razgovory

Quote from: viper37 on August 23, 2019, 09:29:35 PM

There was one Jewish family here, but I think they converted to catholicism long before I was born...

Only good Catholics were allowed to settle in New France, so Jews only arrived with the British.  As such, they are mostly closer to the English population and most live in Montreal.

After Quebec was allowed to received non British immigrants, a few French jewish families emigrated here, but there ain't a ton either, and again, they tend to be concentrated around Montreal, because that's were most Jewish families are, and it facilitates religious practice when there's more than 2 or 3 people of the same Faith.

Interesting fact:  I'm living in what was once "New France".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Maximus

I had not knowingly met a Jewish person before I moved to the US.

saskganesh

humans were created in their own image

Maximus

I won't argue that I didn't need to get out more back then.  :D

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on August 24, 2019, 09:19:54 AM
Interesting fact:  I'm living in what was once "New France".
There wasn't much colonization done over there by the French, compared to the St-Lawrence valley where I live.