Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Seedy, you read what General Neller said? WAR IS COMING
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 23, 2017, 08:27:59 PM

As a Marine, he was speaking strictly metaphorically.  It's not supposed to be taken literally, just a reference to any manufacturer of dairy products.

Valmy

Quote"You're in a fight here, an informational fight, a political fight, by your presence."

Huh. So does he mean an actual war or an informational and political war?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 23, 2017, 08:36:52 PM

As a Marine, he was speaking strictly metaphorically.  It's not supposed to be taken literally, just a reference to any manufacturer of dairy products.
Since when do Marines do metaphors?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on December 23, 2017, 08:51:06 PM
Since when do Marines do metaphors?

They're rather literate, you know.  What with all that colorful language.  Didn't you see Full Metal Jacket?  Such imagery!

Maximus

Quote from: Valmy on December 23, 2017, 08:40:54 PM

Quote"You're in a fight here, an informational fight, a political fight, by your presence."

Huh. So does he mean an actual war or an informational and political war?
How is an informational war not an actual war?

garbon

Bannon uses couple names?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/dec/23/steve-bannon-savages-javanka-laying-bare-white-house-tensions
QuoteDonald Trump's daughter Ivanka and her husband Jared Kushner are under fresh scrutiny over their influence at the White House after a very public eruption of their feud with former chief strategist Steve Bannon.

In a gloves-off interview with Vanity Fair magazine, Bannon laid bare the mutual enmity with the senior advisers to the president, one of the worst-kept secrets of the Trump administration.

"The railhead of all bad decisions is the same railhead: Javanka," he said, using a nickname that conflates the couple.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Trump to his guests at Mar-a-Lago "You all just a got a lot richer".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

alfred russel

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 23, 2017, 07:33:16 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 23, 2017, 12:09:46 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 23, 2017, 05:11:30 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 22, 2017, 08:55:42 PM
Way too early to predict. Dems have plenty of time left to crap their pants.

The 2nd chart shows that polls are predictive even this far out.

And the  fucking polls said Trump would lose.

The polls were within the margin of error.

Tim, you have been spamming this forum with shit about how trump is fucked for years, and he just finished the first year of his presidency and signed into law a major tax reform that also seriously undermined obamacare.

Maybe the polls were right, maybe the polls were wrong, but you were consistently wrong.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

QuoteHe also condemned Ivanka over her handling of the recent US Senate special election in Alabama, where Republican candidate Roy Moore denied accusations of sexual misconduct with teenagers. Ivanka said pointedly during the campaign: "There is a special place in hell for people who prey on children."

Bannon, who supported Moore despite the allegations only to see him lose the Republican heartland to a Democrat, responded in the Vanity Fair interview: "What about the allegations about her dad and that 13-year-old?" – a reference to an unproven allegation from a California woman that Trump raped her as a teenager (last year the woman dropped a lawsuit making the claim). Trump has faced multiple claims of sexual misconduct and denies all of them.

That's telling 'em Steve-o.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42473607

A suspicious package that turned out to contain horse manure sparked a bomb scare near the Los Angeles home of US Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, reports say.
The gift-wrapped manure was found at 19:40 (03:40 GMT) at the home next to Mr Mnuchin's in Bel-Air, police said.
Police cleared the package an hour later and the Secret Service is investigating, CBS said.
Neighbours told local media of their irritation at the incident.

:lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

QuoteVanity Fair
Why Trump's Golf Habit Is the Ultimate Metaphor for His Bizarre Presidency
And a sign that the train wreck will continue in 2018.

by Emily Jane Fox
December 26, 2017 4:48 pm

By Monday evening, all the presents under the hulking tree at Mar-a-Lago had presumably been unwrapped, and hours had gone by since First Lady Melania Trump posted a Santa-themed selfie wishing America a merry Christmas. As the day's festivities wound down, Donald Trump already had a mind toward the future: "I hope everyone is having a great Christmas, then tomorrow it's back to work in order to Make America Great Again (which is happening faster than anyone anticipated)!" he tweeted from his private club in Palm Beach, Florida. But when Tuesday morning rolled around the president's public schedule appeared devoid of events, and a little after 9 o'clock his motorcade pulled into the Trump International Golf Club, where the White House confirmed the president golfed with Georgia Senator David Perdue and professional golfers Bryson DeChambau and Dana Quigley, returning to Mar-a-Lago after 2 p.m.

A round of golf is not "back to work in order to Make America Great Again" in the traditional sense. But the 45th president is nothing if not his own man, reconfiguring the role to suit his tastes rather than the other way around, as many of his predecessors have. Of the 340 days President Trump has been in office, he has spent 85 of them at the golf course, according to NBC News, which has made it a point to track Trump's movements. And while it's not unusual for a president to take time off during the holidays, or to take periodic breaks from the White House—George W. Bush spent a great deal of time going back and forth to his ranch in Texas; Barack Obama vacationed in Hawaii for Christmases and golfed throughout his presidency; Bill Clinton golfed too, and spent the dog days of summer biking in Martha's Vineyard—Trump's repeated visits to courses bearing his name have sparked renewed debate about the myriad conflicts of interest dredged up by his presidency, highlighting the sheer improbability of his political ascendence in the first place.

As The Wall Street Journal reported on Monday, President Trump has visited one of his company's properties approximately one out of every three days he has been in office; by NBC's count, Tuesday marked the 111th day he has done so. Because Trump did not divest from his businesses when he took office, he profits from the endless free publicity they receive as a result of his trips there. More importantly, those visits put Trump into close contact with those who may try to court his favor, a fact that has concerned ethics experts, who've pointed out that it may violate the Emoluments Clause of the Constitution. As Jordan Libowitz, a spokesman for the transparency advocacy group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, put it to the Journal, "George W. Bush went to his ranch in Crawford, Texas, a lot, but it's not like you could rent the bedroom next to his." (And of course, as a private citizen, Trump repeatedly criticized Barack Obama for taking time to golf while in office.)

For any other president, this level of hypocrisy and self-dealing would be politically devastating. And though Trump's approval ratings have languished in the mid-30's for most of his presidency, it's difficult to say whether it's scurrying off to self-owned golf courses that's dinging him, or whether voters take more issue with his failure to repeal Obamacare, his Twitter fights with lawmakers, and his support for an egregiously unpopular tax bill. But such petty scandals seem to have no effect on Trump. And as the White House's smaller missteps are increasingly overshadowed by Robert Mueller's Russia investigation, it seems even less likely that the mogul president will move to curb his behavior. Meanwhile, the paradigm shift Trump has instigated could very well be permanent, down to even the smallest of details. As journalist Amy Sullivan pointed out on Tuesday, the once-popular "'what books did POTUS take with him on vacation' feature" has all but disappeared, "because everyone just accepts that this president doesn't read." :lol:

Valmy

Wow that is pretty nakedly corrupt. Ah well. Probably just rubbing it in our faces for supporting crooked Hillary or something. A real LOLZ TROLL or something. The internet will love it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."