What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

In other exciting news, it appears many Secret Service agents can no longer be paid for their overtime due to the demands of looking after Mr. Trump and his assorted family members: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/08/21/secret-service-cant-pay-agents-because-trumps-frequent-travel-large-family/529075001/

QuoteWASHINGTON — The Secret Service can no longer pay hundreds of agents it needs to carry out an expanded protective mission – in large part due to the sheer size of President Trump's family and efforts necessary to secure their multiple residences up and down the East Coast.

Secret Service Director Randolph "Tex" Alles, in an interview with USA TODAY, said more than 1,000 agents have already hit the federally mandated caps for salary and overtime allowances that were meant to last the entire year.

The agency has faced a crushing workload since the height of the contentious election season, and it has not relented in the first seven months of the administration. Agents must protect Trump – who has traveled almost every weekend to his properties in Florida, New Jersey and Virginia – and his adult children whose business trips and vacations have taken them across the country and overseas.

"The president has a large family, and our responsibility is required in law,'' Alles said. "I can't change that. I have no flexibility.''

CountDeMoney

:lol: Fuck you, assholes.  You wanted to Grab That Pussy, you don't get to Grab That Overtime.

#SoSollySecretSquirrels #BlameTheFBI

Jacob

Supposedly Secret Service Agents aren't too impressed with Trump reportedly "treating them like servants" (compared to Clinton treating them "like friends", Bush  "with great respect", and Obama "like family").

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/08/secret-service-at-the-end-of-their-rope-after-being-treated-like-servants-by-trump-report/

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

11B4V

Quote from: grumbler on August 20, 2017, 11:45:19 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 20, 2017, 11:34:21 PM
Lulz, the 3rd SS Panzer Long Division was cut in half at Kursk.

Nah, it was just the New Math that said that 45 tanks = 1 division, as opposed to Old Math that said 90.

Like the blind leading the blind for fuck's sake. :P

3rd SS Panzer Grenadier Div (04 July 1943)
Starting tank/AFV strength;
Panzer III=63
Panzer IV=52
Tigers=15
StuG=35
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

If the 3rd SS Panzer has zero Jews and Poland has 10 Jews, how many Jews does the 3rd SS Panzer have?  Zero.

The Minsky Moment

Darkness is descending, all across America.

Also there is some kind of solar eclipse that is going to happen.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

derspiess

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 21, 2017, 12:26:50 PM
Darkness is descending, all across America.

Also there is some kind of solar eclipse that is going to happen.

Reason did it: https://youtu.be/kfXQwx9ytiw
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

viper37

Quote from: The Minsky Moment link=topic=14439.msg1099402#msg1099402
Is it possible that Trump's staff are creating twitter sock puppets and then feeding them to the President?
/quote]
there is nothing preventing that.  In fact, I think Tim posted a story that his close staff gives him a report everyday with carefully selected tweets and news reports from Fox News.

so, posting fake Tweets and reporting them to him?  Not above them.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Savonarola

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

alfred russel

Quote from: Savonarola on August 21, 2017, 04:28:10 PM
Actual News Story:

Yes, Donald Trump really did look into the sky during the solar eclipse

I was wondering where the real CNN had gone for the past month..

The idea that it is dangerous to look very briefly into the sun - solar eclipse or not - is really stupid.

The absence of a bunch of eye injuries today should have clued CNN that their initial reporting of "Any amount of looking at it is too long.
Even the smallest amount of exposure can cause blurry vision or temporary blindness. The problem is, you won't know whether it's temporary." was stupid.

Yeah, I get that looking into the sun for a prolonged period, or even a few seconds is dangerous. But a quick glance is surely okay. I don't know when those protective glasses were invented, but eclipses didn't have southern england going blind when the eclipse went by London.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: alfred russel on August 21, 2017, 05:03:31 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on August 21, 2017, 04:28:10 PM
Actual News Story:

Yes, Donald Trump really did look into the sky during the solar eclipse

I was wondering where the real CNN had gone for the past month..

The idea that it is dangerous to look very briefly into the sun - solar eclipse or not - is really stupid.

The absence of a bunch of eye injuries today should have clued CNN that their initial reporting of "Any amount of looking at it is too long.
Even the smallest amount of exposure can cause blurry vision or temporary blindness. The problem is, you won't know whether it's temporary." was stupid.

Yeah, I get that looking into the sun for a prolonged period, or even a few seconds is dangerous. But a quick glance is surely okay. I don't know when those protective glasses were invented, but eclipses didn't have southern england going blind when the eclipse went by London.

:bowler:  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

grumbler

Today, I was followed by a moon shadow.  Moon shadow, moon shadow
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

dps

Quote from: alfred russel on August 21, 2017, 05:03:31 PM

No, it's quite true that it's dangerous to look directly at the sun, eclipse or not.  It's not hugely dangerous--people do it every day with no harm done, but there is a danger.

The idea that it's more dangerous to look directly at the sun during an eclipse is quite stupid.  But generally, when they say not to, they're not saying that because they think it's more dangerous during an eclipse, but simply because more people are likely to look during an eclipse.