What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on August 20, 2017, 08:13:24 PM
Viper, derspeiss, you can play countries other than Germany in Hearts of Iron.

I always bet on black
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Jacob

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 20, 2017, 08:35:52 PM

I always bet on black

What does the local Klan say to that?

Ed Anger

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jacob on August 20, 2017, 08:44:50 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 20, 2017, 08:35:52 PM

I always bet on black

What does the local Klan say to that?

They like SS Divisions too.

Jacob

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 20, 2017, 08:45:54 PM

I'm surprised they can handle things more complicated than basic addition and subtraction.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jacob on August 20, 2017, 08:47:27 PM

I'm surprised they can handle things more complicated than basic addition and subtraction.

You'd be surprised. Rotten souls to the core however. Which was why I refused to join when offered when I was 16.

Jacob

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 20, 2017, 08:52:32 PM
You'd be surprised. Rotten souls to the core however. Which was why I refused to join when offered when I was 16.

I'd be curious to hear the story one day.

dps

Quote from: Razgovory on August 20, 2017, 01:24:32 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on August 20, 2017, 12:36:20 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 20, 2017, 11:28:45 AM
Did local Antifa at least throw bottles of urine at the police like they did in Boston??

Did the fine Nazis punch clergy and kill middle aged women?

32 isn't middle aged. :mad:

It is if you die at 64.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on August 20, 2017, 08:47:27 PM

Lulz, the 3rd SS Panzer Long Division was cut in half at Kursk.

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 20, 2017, 11:34:21 PM
Lulz, the 3rd SS Panzer Long Division was cut in half at Kursk.

Nah, it was just the New Math that said that 45 tanks = 1 division, as opposed to Old Math that said 90.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

He picks the best people.  :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/899271554084864001

Quote from: Matthew YglesiasThe president's own staff seek to portray themselves to journalists as believing that he is unfit for office.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Minsky Moment

Does anyone know how twitter works?

Saw that Trump retweeted something from "Aroliso"
"Aroliso" supposedly joined twitter in October 2015, but the first tweet is from August 18 when he/she/it posted a series of pictures of Donald and Melania.  There are dozens of tweets from the account in the last few days all with either sycophantic pictures and comments about Trump or attacks on the media.

Is it possible that Trump's staff are creating twitter sock puppets and then feeding them to the President?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Savonarola

Quote from: Iormlund on August 19, 2017, 03:44:57 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on August 19, 2017, 11:38:55 AM
I think this is the fourth week in a row that CNN has written some variation of "Trump's Worst Week."  At the moment I have a hard time believing he could top this one, but that was probably true for the last three weeks as well.

I gotta say, I never imagined a Trump presidency would be such a rollercoaster. I guess I assumed that he was going to stop tweeting and instead, you know, going through his communications staff. It's like someone decided to produce a real life parody of The West Wing, where everyone is terrible at his job.

I was recently thinking about this in comparison with the Obama presidency.  Barack had run on a protectionist platform, and had gone so far as promising to renegotiate NAFTA.  By this point in his presidency he had abandoned that and signed a trade deal with Colombia.  The world looks quite different from inside the Oval Office than outside... for most people.

There were some gigantic red flags during the transition period between the Obama and Trump presidencies, but I assumed he'd calm down somewhat and at least start taking his job seriously when in office.  I was wrong.  I never thought he was going to be a good president, but I wasn't expecting this.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock