And we're back!

Main Menu

What will Hillary's presidency be like?

Started by Martinus, November 08, 2016, 07:29:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 08, 2016, 02:48:38 PM
Quote from: Malthus on November 08, 2016, 02:25:41 PM
How long will the Trump legal challenges over alleged voting irregularities persist, should Hillary win? Months? Years? Longer than Hillary's first term?  :hmm:

A week or two.

Will he concede when they are done, or double down on how the legal system is as rotten as the voting?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Malthus on November 08, 2016, 02:53:15 PM
Will he concede when they are done, or double down on how the legal system is as rotten as the voting?

Good question.  I suspect after it's in the books a lot of his free media coverage will dry up, so it might depend on how quickly he can start monetizing rage through his pay TV channel.

dps

Quote from: viper37 on November 08, 2016, 01:50:17 PM

Going back through time, should the US have found a way to stay out of WWII?  What would a Nazi Germany quasi victory and Japan victory in the Pacific would mean to world prosperity in the next 50 years?  Do you think America would have been better off in a Cold War with Japan and Germany?

Germany wouldn't have won, even without the US in the war.  The outcome would have been a Europe almost completely dominated by the Soviets, which would have made their ultimate fall all the harder (though they might have done much, much more damage in the meantime).

Solmyr

Quote from: dps on November 08, 2016, 04:55:18 PM

Going back through time, should the US have found a way to stay out of WWII?  What would a Nazi Germany quasi victory and Japan victory in the Pacific would mean to world prosperity in the next 50 years?  Do you think America would have been better off in a Cold War with Japan and Germany?

Germany wouldn't have won, even without the US in the war.  The outcome would have been a Europe almost completely dominated by the Soviets, which would have made their ultimate fall all the harder (though they might have done much, much more damage in the meantime).

Including Britain and France? Would the Soviets have managed to keep their colonies attached? Would those colonies have gone pro-Soviet as well, or formed a resistance?

dps

Quote from: Solmyr on November 08, 2016, 05:02:18 PM

Including Britain and France?

France, yeah, Britain, probably not.  I don't think the Soviets would have in much better a position to cross the Channel than Hitler was.

QuoteWould the Soviets have managed to keep their colonies attached? Would those colonies have gone pro-Soviet as well, or formed a resistance?

I suspect that there would have been bloodier colonial wars, as Britain may have tried to hold on the her colonies in order to help fund her defense against the Soviets, and exiled Frenchmen with nowhere else left to go tried to put down independence movements.  Even with dominance over Europe, the Soviets probably wouldn't have been able to project any significant force overseas.

Keep in mind that with no American participation in WWII, there'd have been no Manhattan Project, so no one would have had nukes for a while.

viper37

Depends on the aid Britain and US can smuggle into Soviet territory.  Without Allied aid, the USSR would have crumbled.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Crazy_Ivan80

and in the meantime we know the answer to the question posed at the start of the thread...

Savonarola

Ideal; just like Al Gore before her, she would have always have made the right decision and the relative peace and relative prosperity of the previous administration would have continued forever.  The best rulers are always those that never ruled.   :)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Sheilbh

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 08, 2016, 09:08:23 AM
I like her for the same reasons I like Gordon Brown. So everything will go swimmingly :)
So not entirely wrong.
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 09, 2016, 01:48:21 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on November 08, 2016, 09:08:23 AM
I like her for the same reasons I like Gordon Brown. So everything will go swimmingly :)
So not entirely wrong.

Gordon Brown helped save the UK from dissolution. Haven't seen Hillary do something like that yet :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Oh but that was after he got beaten in an election. Giver her time.
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 09, 2016, 02:03:48 PM
Oh but that was after he got beaten in an election. Giver her time.

She'll lead an insurrection that'll retake Washington DC from Trumps flanel-shirts in 2019?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

alfred russel

Hillary's presidency has been aborted, which not coincidentally may not be legal much longer.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014