News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What will Hillary's presidency be like?

Started by Martinus, November 08, 2016, 07:29:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

So, let's assume Hillary is elected President. What will her presidency look like?

Firstly, what are the chances of the Democrats taking over the Senate in these elections? If they are not too good, then she will be faced with obstruction from day one - something that is quite rare in US history, I believe. Usually, presidents who were straightjacked domestically started wars and otherwise tried to shine internationally - will Hillary try to do so, and if so, what will be the key avenues of her activity?

Valmy

I presume it will be basically a continuation of the previous administration.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

We will never know.

President Kaine will do an awesome job tho.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Brazen

derspiess

Seems a slightly better than 50% chance she will have the Senate locked up.  House will remain GOP and Seedy will whine about gerrymandering or something.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sheilbh

I like her for the same reasons I like Gordon Brown. So everything will go swimmingly :)
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

I, as a white male, will be herded into a reeducation camp.  :(
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on November 08, 2016, 08:12:16 AM
I presume it will be basically a continuation of the previous administration.

Mostly this.

But she has shown a much greater willingness to use military forces.  I doubt we'd see a repeat of Obama's backdown from the Syrian red line.  And Putin is bound to try and test her on a few fronts.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on November 08, 2016, 10:39:26 AM
More wars.  Just what we need.

Her husband just bombed people and avoided using ground forces at any cost, even if the cost was blowing up the Chinese Embassy. So hopefully we will be cool.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 08, 2016, 08:45:27 AM
Seems a slightly better than 50% chance she will have the Senate locked up.  House will remain GOP and Seedy will whine about gerrymandering or something.

It's been proven that ghettos work.

viper37

Quote from: derspiess on November 08, 2016, 10:39:26 AM
More wars.  Just what we need.
In the long run, wars make us safer&richer.

Never thought you'd join the camp of the defeatocrats, though. ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

CountDeMoney

Which reminds me;  back in 2004, Hansmeister told us he'd resign his commission in the military if John Kerry got elected--he was that much of a threat to surrendering American democracy to the EvildoersTM.

What's he going to do with a President Hillary Clinton? Active shooter? Fertilizer bomb? Harikari? Gender reassignment?  Update his blog?  Any guesses?