News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Analog people playing analog RPGs

Started by CountDeMoney, October 30, 2016, 08:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

70-Year-Olds Play D&D for the First Time (and Love it)

QuoteSean is 26 years old, and he runs a game of D&D for people in their 70's – who just started playing.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Can't wait for Ed to start throwing dice in the senior center day room, and then get pissy when the game has to end because nobody can roll for saves.

Ed Anger

I'll be dead before I'm 55. And my character sheet would be awesome. Bigly.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Solmyr

Ossum. :) Well, presumably we will all be playing CK10 and EU12 in our retirement. In VR.

There was a story some time ago here in Finland about a 70-year old man who loves playing computer games. His favorite game series is Civilization.

Martinus

I find it amazing they got a real dwarf.

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on October 31, 2016, 05:44:16 AM
Ossum. :) Well, presumably we will all be playing CK10 and EU12 in our retirement. In VR.

There was a story some time ago here in Finland about a 70-year old man who loves playing computer games. His favorite game series is Civilization.

The big question for me is if we will eventually lose our affinity for new technology and new games as we age.

Valmy

I had this fantasy that I would finally have plenty of time to play video games when I retire. But there was this guy in my WoW guild who lived in a retirement home and it was really hard for him physically to sit and play for hours at a time and he struggled with his eyesight and reflexes...so that was a bummer.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on October 31, 2016, 08:08:49 AM
I had this fantasy that I would finally have plenty of time to play video games when I retire. But there was this guy in my WoW guild who lived in a retirement home and it was really hard for him physically to sit and play for hours at a time and he struggled with his eyesight and reflexes...so that was a bummer.

:(

Yeah that sucks. Numbing the suckiness of old age via computer games would be sweet. But it sounds like it won't be easier than much else while you are old.

Maybe VR will help :)

Grey Fox

Quote from: Solmyr on October 31, 2016, 05:44:16 AM

My 75 years old aunt loves video games. She's a beast at Dr. Mario on the NES. She likes Facebook games more nowadays.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on October 31, 2016, 07:14:58 AM

Pretty sure that guy is just sitting down.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on October 31, 2016, 07:14:58 AM

Why you gotta be a bitch, Mr. I Grant Myself 18 Charisma