News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Analog people playing analog RPGs

Started by CountDeMoney, October 30, 2016, 08:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

When I briefly played SWTOR a few months ago, the guild I joined had two septuagenarians in it, and they were pretty fine.

The Brain

Quote from: celedhring on November 03, 2016, 11:13:47 AM
When I briefly played SWTOR a few months ago, the guild I joined had two septuagenarians in it, and they were pretty fine.

:x
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

saskganesh

I haven't bought or acquired a new video game in years. But I am in 2 ongoing old school TTRPG games. It's nice playing with real people in real time.
humans were created in their own image

The Brain

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: saskganesh on November 10, 2016, 07:01:09 AM
I haven't bought or acquired a new video game in years. But I am in 2 ongoing old school TTRPG games. It's nice playing with real people in real time.
Which games?
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Delirium

TTRPG?

We are still playing analogally (?), although only 40+, 5-7 guys with 1d4 children each under our belts. Call of Cthulhu in various settings; any generic fantasy or post-apocalyptic game (domestic ones preferred although I want to get my hands on early versions of Gammaworld). We tried our hand with the new Star Wars series (Age of Rebellion etc) but it was just too much to dig into. At this age no one wants to take the time to build a credible, long-term campaign setting (or read up on one), just finish the gourmet Italian food and start slashing away.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Delirium on November 21, 2016, 03:28:56 AM
TTRPG?

We are still playing analogally (?), although only 40+, 5-7 guys with 1d4 children each under our belts. Call of Cthulhu in various settings; any generic fantasy or post-apocalyptic game (domestic ones preferred although I want to get my hands on early versions of Gammaworld). We tried our hand with the new Star Wars series (Age of Rebellion etc) but it was just too much to dig into. At this age no one wants to take the time to build a credible, long-term campaign setting (or read up on one), just finish the gourmet Italian food and start slashing away.
Table Top Role Playing Game.  I presume.  I was in a group that played every Sunday for quite a while, but I couldn't stand one guy in particular and a few others indifference after years in.  I miss being part of it though.  Maybe I'll see if I can work with some of the people from the old group and add in some fresh blood.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

PDH

My old core group, the base is three of us that started back in the 70s, and some newer players still get together most every Saturday to game.  Since we are all spread out, we play over google+ video chat.

In 2-3 years I will have been doing this for 40 years.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

The Brain