SPLC idiocy: labels Maajid Nawaz & Ayaan Hirsi Ali Anti-muslim Extremists

Started by Hamilcar, October 30, 2016, 04:55:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: viper37 on November 02, 2016, 02:25:05 PM
No more than in 17th century Salem, at least.

More complicated situation then is commonly portrayed, with politics playing at least as much a role as religion.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Berkut

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 01, 2016, 04:39:28 PM
Quote from: Hamilcar on November 01, 2016, 04:23:45 PM
ALL religious schools should be shut down. Starting with Muslim madrassas schools makes sense.

We have like freedom here and stuff so no that doesn't work.
We'll just have the stick with the old fashioned battle of ideas in the place of censorship, although apparently without much useful help from the SPLC.

What is fucked up about this, and what should be personally offensive to every single human being who calls them a "liberal" is the idea that you can look at Ali, look at the totality of her life, what she has fought for, what she has literally put her life on the line for, and think that the sum total description that best describes her is "anti-Muslim".

She is a near perfect example of a true hero, a uniquely exceptional human being who has risked her life to effect actual change, to speak out against injsutice and bigotry and intolerance in her own world at incredible personal risk.

Instead, the left is so fucking terrified of being seen as anything but perfectly "tolerant" of Islam that they are willing to eat their own in an effort to appease appearances while ignoring actual substance.

You can disagree with her stance on schools (or any other particular detail(s) for that matter), but this effort to vilify her is a fucking tragedy and embarassing. She has risked more than anyone in speaking out against people who routinely murder those who say what she says in defense of OUR values. Lord knows SPLC wasn't too worried that she might show up and kill them for doing to her what they lack the courage to do to those she risks her life in opposing.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Hamilcar

Quote from: 11B4V on November 02, 2016, 06:36:06 PM
Quote from: Hamilcar on November 02, 2016, 01:03:20 PM
I reserve the right to mock Islamany religion as much as any other delusion about the nature of the universe and the "divine" authorship of certain books.
That's better.

Other religions were contained in "delusions."  ;)

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on November 02, 2016, 10:32:33 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 01, 2016, 04:39:28 PM
Quote from: Hamilcar on November 01, 2016, 04:23:45 PM
ALL religious schools should be shut down. Starting with Muslim madrassas schools makes sense.

We have like freedom here and stuff so no that doesn't work.
We'll just have the stick with the old fashioned battle of ideas in the place of censorship, although apparently without much useful help from the SPLC.

What is fucked up about this, and what should be personally offensive to every single human being who calls them a "liberal" is the idea that you can look at Ali, look at the totality of her life, what she has fought for, what she has literally put her life on the line for, and think that the sum total description that best describes her is "anti-Muslim".

She is a near perfect example of a true hero, a uniquely exceptional human being who has risked her life to effect actual change, to speak out against injsutice and bigotry and intolerance in her own world at incredible personal risk.

Instead, the left is so fucking terrified of being seen as anything but perfectly "tolerant" of Islam that they are willing to eat their own in an effort to appease appearances while ignoring actual substance.

You can disagree with her stance on schools (or any other particular detail(s) for that matter), but this effort to vilify her is a fucking tragedy and embarassing. She has risked more than anyone in speaking out against people who routinely murder those who say what she says in defense of OUR values. Lord knows SPLC wasn't too worried that she might show up and kill them for doing to her what they lack the courage to do to those she risks her life in opposing.

You think you could clarify your statement about me?  It may be inaccurate.  I 'd hate to think you are spreading falsehoods after pontificating the importance of honesty for a whole day.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Berkut

I think my views on you, and everyone else's views on your honesty, do not need any clarifying.

0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on November 02, 2016, 10:32:33 PM

Yeah it is pretty bad. Disgraceful and depressing are the words that come to mind.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 02, 2016, 07:54:37 PM

More complicated situation then is commonly portrayed, with politics playing at least as much a role as religion.
which is where I'm getting at: politics and religion shouldn't mix.  At all.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on November 03, 2016, 09:10:50 AM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 02, 2016, 07:54:37 PM

which is where I'm getting at: politics and religion shouldn't mix.  At all.

Indeed. It is very bad for both.

Religion always has a political implication, but they should be implicit only.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on November 03, 2016, 07:42:13 AM
I think my views on you, and everyone else's views on your honesty, do not need any clarifying.

I asked about your statement about me.  You wrote "I love how Raz just becomes the caricature for exactly what he is claiming doesn't actually exist...and he doesn't even know it! He is 100% oblivious to the irony of his own statements.  I would like to know exactly what it is I'm "claiming doesn't actually exist".  Why don't you show me how an honest man does it then, eh?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Berkut

0 rows returned

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on November 03, 2016, 10:23:48 AM
Pass.

How, odd.  Yesterday, you had no problem posting to me, about me at length.  Now you are all clammed up.  I've been looking at what I have written, and am simply unclear on what you mean.  The best I can come up with is that I claimed a conspiracy theory about Republicans turning the US into a Theocracy didn't exist.  I made that statement months ago, and you didn't comment on it then.  So it would seem odd for you to bring it up.

I offer to possibly recant statements that may be incorrect, and I'm bizarrely accused of something that doesn't quite make sense.  What are we to make of this?

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on November 03, 2016, 10:54:06 AM
Why would anyone engage you. You've turned into a douche.

I don't know, Berkut was happy to do so a little while ago.

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on November 03, 2016, 11:40:31 AM

I wouldn't call that engagement. More like get the fuck away from me.  :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on November 03, 2016, 11:50:09 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 03, 2016, 11:40:31 AM

I wouldn't call that engagement. More like get the fuck away from me.  :lol:

Oh.  Well, since you seem to have a better grasp on Berkut than I do, perhaps you could tell me what he was talking about.  I'm getting the sinking feeling he was caught in a lie, and recent reticence toward me is him slinking off.