SPLC idiocy: labels Maajid Nawaz & Ayaan Hirsi Ali Anti-muslim Extremists

Started by Hamilcar, October 30, 2016, 04:55:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: mongers on October 30, 2016, 07:43:59 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 30, 2016, 06:39:10 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 30, 2016, 06:15:16 PM
My verdict: SPLC really fucked up.  And their write up makes it sound personal.

Reads to me like they're calling out a shameless self-promoter that uses his media access to grind his personal axe.   

I mean, hey, I get it: it's the cool thing to hate on dune coons these days, and supporting dune coons that hate other dune coons justifies and mainstreams dune coon hatred so everyone can feel better about it--but I didn't think you guys would be such fans of a marginal Brit Muslim version of Milo Yiannopoulos.

:huh:

This guy is pretty far removed from that, he works for a foundation, which is partially funded by the UK government and he regularly appears on all UK news channels, generally giving moderate, considered opinions.

Now you may not agree with his viewpoint, but in no way is he one of these hyper-media personality.

Seems the government cut off funding for his foundation.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 30, 2016, 02:51:40 PM

From time to time, you let your Texan show.

I guess people from other states think its great that the SPLC is now styling itself an institution that is going to define true Muslims?

QuoteLink, plz.

https://www.splcenter.org/20161025/field-guide-anti-muslim-extremists#nawaz
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Reads to me like they're calling out a shameless self-promoter that uses his media access to grind his personal axe.   

Last I checked you can be a Muslim and be a shameless self-promoter.

Or maybe not. But that probably is not something for SPLC to dictate.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on October 31, 2016, 08:48:47 AM

Last I checked you can be a Muslim and be a shameless self-promoter.

Or maybe not. But that probably is not something for SPLC to dictate.

Nobody is saying he isn't a Muslim.

Quotean·ti
ˈanˌtī,ˈan(t)ē/
preposition
preposition: anti
opposed to; against.
"I'm anti the abuse of drink and the hassle that it causes"
adjectiveinformal
adjective: anti
opposed.
"neither side in the debate, whether anti or pro, has offered a particularly convincing case"
nouninformal
noun: anti; plural noun: antis
a person opposed to a particular policy, activity, or idea.
"a shadow army of antis who endanger your sport"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 30, 2016, 09:25:16 PM
Quote from: grumbler on October 30, 2016, 08:58:05 PM
They are the ones using one presence at a titty bar as evidence of anti-Muslim extremism.

He's a polemical dancemonger.

I don't even know why I bother to waste my time with you people.

Hamilcar

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 31, 2016, 12:19:40 PM
They are the ones using one presence at a titty bar as evidence of anti-Muslim extremism.

We're philistines.  :cool:

The Brain

You're talking to yourself.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: The Brain on October 31, 2016, 02:33:12 PM

You're talking to yourself.

He was making a BB-level pun and was pissed no one lol'ed.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Admiral Yi

Berkut

"Gosh Berkut, what difference does it even make whether or not anyone calls this a religious issue? I don't understand why you even think that is important!"

I find it fucking incredible that two people who are literally putting their lives on the line to speak out in favor of moderation, reason, and tolerance are being attacked FROM THE LEFT for doing so...they are fighting against things like female genital mutilation, intolerance, murder, hatred, and the most basic evils that humans can inflict on each other, and yet they are being attacked by people who sit in perfect safety and bitch about them not fighting the good fight in exactly the manner that protects their sensibilities.

Simply fucking incredible.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

CountDeMoney

I often feel the same way, Jeff.  Here I am, putting perfectly awesome jokes on the line, and yet I'm attacked because my yuks aren't written in exactly the manner of Languish's sensibilities.  Simply fucking incredible, indeed.  #alljokesmatter

Razgovory

I think it should be pointed out that this is what Berkut consider's fighting for "Tolerance".

QuoteIn her 2007 interview with The London Evening Standard, Hirsi Ali "advo­cated the closing of Islamic schools in the West and said that 'violence is inherent in Islam,'" according to a later account in The New York Times.

In her 2007 Reason interview, she said, "There comes a moment when you crush your enemy" militarily, and added, "There is no moderate Islam. ... [T]here's really only one Islam, defined as submission to the will of God. There's nothing moderate about it." She also told the journal that she had sought to "get rid of" all Islamic schools in the Netherlands while living there.

In an Aug. 18, 2010, Wall Street Journal op-ed, "How to Win the Clash of Civilizations," Hirsi Ali said that Islam "is at war with America" and wrote that Western civilization "needs to be actively defended" against Islam.