Detroit thread. Post Kwame, Monica, and $1 houses here.

Started by MadImmortalMan, March 17, 2009, 12:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on April 06, 2014, 08:15:28 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 05, 2014, 05:17:43 AM
:yes: Almost as bad as Texas.

True. It is horrible here.  EVERYBODY STOP MOVING HERE.

Seriously fuck off we are full.

Yet one can drive three hours without seeing a motel.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

KRonn

Texas sounds like a great place for me to retire to in a couple of years!  Thanks for the invite Valmy!  ;)

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on April 06, 2014, 08:15:28 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 05, 2014, 05:17:43 AM
:yes: Almost as bad as Texas.

True. It is horrible here.  EVERYBODY STOP MOVING HERE.

Seriously fuck off we are full.

Texas is one of the states my middle sister and her husband are considering moving to (together with Kansas, Missouri and Kentucky). :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on April 07, 2014, 07:18:07 AM
Texas is one of the states my middle sister and her husband are considering moving to (together with Kansas, Missouri and Kentucky). :P

And I cannot tell you what an honor it is to be on a list with Kansas, Missouri, and Kentucky.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on April 07, 2014, 07:58:15 AM
Quote from: Syt on April 07, 2014, 07:18:07 AM

And I cannot tell you what an honor it is to be on a list with Kansas, Missouri, and Kentucky.

:lol:

Texas for the lack of income tax. The others for the low cost of living. I recommended them the Dakotas, based on this list: http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/the-8-least-expensive-states-to-live-in-the-u-s.html/?a=viewall

But they don't like winters much.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: KRonn on April 07, 2014, 07:11:34 AM
Texas sounds like a great place for me to retire to in a couple of years!  Thanks for the invite Valmy!  ;)

I hear Arizona is lovely.  The allergies in Texas are horrible and we have a wet humid sort of heat.  Wouldn't you prefer a dry allergy free heat?  They have insane Republicans there to.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 07, 2014, 01:38:06 AM
Yet one can drive three hours without seeing a motel.

Or humans...or anything for that matter.  I take it back if anybody wants to move to the West Texas desert they have my blessing.

PDH

Fuck moving to Texas.  120 degress and humid as a fat man's balls.  And that was in September when it should be highs of 70s with the nights in the 50s.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on April 07, 2014, 09:04:38 AM
Fuck moving to Texas.  120 degress and humid as a fat man's balls.  And that was in September when it should be highs of 70s with the nights in the 50s.

There is a reason why nobody lived here prior to AC being introduced in the 60s...or why we are all fat from never going outside.

KRonn

Quote from: Valmy on April 07, 2014, 08:23:04 AM
Quote from: KRonn on April 07, 2014, 07:11:34 AM

I hear Arizona is lovely.  The allergies in Texas are horrible and we have a wet humid sort of heat.  Wouldn't you prefer a dry allergy free heat?  They have insane Republicans there to.
Yeah, I have friends in Arizona and while it's hotter it isn't that humid heat that I hate for the short times we get it up here. So Arizona could get my nod, maybe Southern California for the weather. I don't mind the cold weather, but it gets pretty limiting in winter, not getting out so much, gets dark so early, etc.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: PDH on April 07, 2014, 09:04:38 AM

Yeah, piss on that.

jimmy olsen

Even the old ladies in Detroit are hardcore, Grandma was shot four times and still manage to shoot both of her attackers!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/05/08/detroit-thugs-shoot-grandma-three-times-seconds-later-they-learn-why-her-nickname-is-now-rambo/

QuoteDetroit Thugs Shoot Grandma Three Times – Seconds Later, They Learn Why Her Nickname Is Now 'Rambo'
May. 8, 2014 4:57pm Jason Howerton

A pair of Detroit thugs obviously had no idea who they were messing with when they targeted Paris Ainsworth, a 51-year-old grandma who carries a .45 caliber handgun. There's a reason her siblings now jokingly refer to her as "Rambo."

Ainsworth had just arrived home after working a grueling double shift on Saturday night when she noticed two men moving closer to her as she was preparing to exit her car. Sensing possible danger, she pulled out her .45 caliber handgun and put it in her pocket. She got her concealed carry permit about two years ago.

As it turned out, Ainsworth's gut feeling about the men was correct.

One of the men reportedly told her, "Don't pull it," and then started shooting. Ainsworth was reportedly shot three times in the side and once in the hand. The woman then pulled her .45 and started blasting away at the violent thugs.

"I said, 'You mother (expletive),' and pulled out (my gun) and started shooting," she told WDIV-TV.

Both of her attackers were later arrested after they checked in at Sinai-Grace Hospital to receive treatment for gunshot wounds. One of the men was reportedly shot in both of his legs.

Ainsworth, who was also attacked by an armed mugger roughly a decade ago, knows the too well the importance of being able to defend yourself. The grandmother of four owns two handguns and trains with them on a regular basis.

"If I wouldn't have had my gun, I would be dead today," she said, adding that the man who shot her "just had the devil in him."
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Phillip V

More grandmas need to be armed. I bet society would be better with guns in the hands of old women instead of young men.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Phillip V on May 10, 2014, 12:31:24 AM
More grandmas need to be armed. I bet society would be better with guns in the hands of old women instead of young men.

Nice to see that some jurisdictions want to prohibit officers from returning fire when it's a grandma.

QuoteHEARNE, Texas (AP) — Officials in a small Central Texas town have decided to fire a police officer who shot and killed an armed 93-year-old woman during a confrontation at her home.

The city council unanimously voted Saturday to fire Officer Stephen Stem, who shot and killed Pearlie Golden on Tuesday, KBTX-TV reports. The vote took less than 30 minutes.

Hearne Mayor Ruben Gomez had told demonstrators he would recommend Stem's dismissal.  Texas Rangers are investigating the shooting.

Golden's nephew, Roy Jones, told KBTX-TV on Friday that his aunt became upset when she was denied a driver's license renewal, and she armed herself.

Jones says he called 911 and his aunt fired two shots before the officer shot her.

Stem's attorney has said his client's actions were justified.

I'm so glad I got out of that racket.  Fuck society, you all get what you fucking deserve.

Savonarola

When Shriners go bad:

QuoteJudge outraged after drug dealers disappear before guilty verdicts

By Robert Snell The Detroit News
Federal agents launched a hunt for three fez-wearing drug dealers who disappeared Monday afternoon before a jury returned guilty verdicts in one of the biggest drug cases in Metro Detroit history. Drug kingpin Carlos Powell of Macomb County, his brother Eric Powell and friend Earnest Proge, who were free on bond, failed to appear as ordered before the jury returned its verdict at approximately 1 p.m.

Reportedly they sped off in miniature cars.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock