And we're back!

Main Menu

Learning a new language?

Started by The Brain, October 20, 2016, 03:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Jacob on October 22, 2016, 02:56:51 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 21, 2016, 06:30:23 PM
My 13 year old niece has been taking Japanese for a few years now;  has such an ear for it, she's been winning awards in school for it.

Think she's getting a little Dances With Snow Monkeys on me, though...when I told her what the Japanese translation for the capital of Hawaii was, she got all tsk-tsky.  Apparently "Honoruru" is not only incorrect, but makes tweenager girls roll their eyes.

I think your "Asian stereotypes from the 70s LOL!" schtick only really is well received by a subset of old white Americans.

What, you don't think there is a subset of old black Americans who enjoy it?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jacob

Quote from: Razgovory on October 23, 2016, 09:11:55 AMWhat, you don't think there is a subset of old black Americans who enjoy it?

I dunno.

CountDeMoney

Xiacob won't rest until all color is removed from "off-color" humor even if it means removing the white from "white knight." 

Hamilcar

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 23, 2016, 10:50:24 AM
Xiacob won't rest until all color is removed from "off-color" humor even if it means removing the white from "white knight."

He probably has trouble getting up in the morning carrying all that guilt for the horrible crimes of other, long-dead white men.

garbon

Meanwhile, you always forget the humor bit. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Hamilcar

Quote from: garbon on October 23, 2016, 01:48:43 PM

It seems you did. But that's ok, we can all improve in life.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on October 23, 2016, 01:48:43 PM

Sorry, this is a Limericks Only safe zone.  Stop triggering me, plz.  Thanks!

Jacob

I forgive you whenever you're actually funny, but just because it's racist doesn't make it automatically funny in spite of what Hammy might believe.

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on October 23, 2016, 02:15:41 PM

I forgive you whenever you're actually funny, but just because it's racist doesn't make it automatically funny in spite of what Hammy might believe.

Hami can't help it. That's just how he was raised.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Admiral Yi

I've got one for you Jacob.

"So, American prisona, you are surprised I speak your ranguage.  You see, I studied in your country.  At UCRA."

CountDeMoney

Don't let Yi get away with that.  And don't let him play that "it's OK, I'm with them" I-can-say-it-but-you-can't angle.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Hey, shoot that guy.  The racist cocksucker with the busted leg.

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 23, 2016, 04:30:45 PM
I've got one for you Jacob.

"So, American prisona, you are surprised I speak your ranguage.  You see, I studied in your country.  At UCRA."

I'm afraid I don't get the joke :(