News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How autumn are you?

Started by Brazen, October 11, 2016, 05:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Maladict on October 17, 2016, 07:20:33 AM
Shopping on Saturday sucks regardless of the weather.

Depends where, right? I mean I can think of many hellish places in London to go shopping but there are also many places where there won't be all that many people around.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maladict

Quote from: garbon on October 17, 2016, 07:30:06 AM

Depends where, right? I mean I can think of many hellish places in London to go shopping but there are also many places where there won't be all that many people around.

I'm thinking city centres, where most weekend shopping happens.

garbon

Quote from: Maladict on October 17, 2016, 07:38:54 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 17, 2016, 07:30:06 AM

I'm thinking city centres, where most weekend shopping happens.

Major cities are a bit different as 'city centre' is a bit nebulous and there are parts in the centre where the are crazy crowds (Broadway, Herald Square - NYC and Oxford Street, Westfield Stratford - London) but then lots of smaller (still central) neighborhood versions of same stores where not so crowed.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

I try to hit the mandatory shopping early on Sunday mornings when everyone's sleeping in, going to church or had already done it the day before.

garbon

Just how old are you again?

KRonn

Have you had the heating on? - Yes
Have you changed to winter bedding? - No
Are you wearing nightwear to bed? - Yes
Have you worn a scarf? - No
Have you worn gloves? - No
Have your glasses steamed up when you've walked indoors? - No
Have you walked through crunchy leaves? - Yes
Have you made warming meals (roast dinner, casserole etc?) - No
Have you left for work in the dark? - No
Have you returned from work in the dark? - No

My heat is set to automatically come on if the temps in the house go below the low/mid 60sF. I just leave it at that. The heat hasn't come on much but it got cold a few times over night, down to freezing or below freezing temps.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on October 17, 2016, 09:45:52 AM

Old enough that I appreciate smaller lines and less people to deal with in this suburban terrorscape of bullshit.
Why, how old are you, Cunty Cuntfuck McCunterson?

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on October 17, 2016, 01:39:37 PM
Have you had the heating on? - Yes
Have you changed to winter bedding? - No
Are you wearing nightwear to bed? - Yes
Have you worn a scarf? - No
Have you worn gloves? - No
Have your glasses steamed up when you've walked indoors? - No
Have you walked through crunchy leaves? - Yes
Have you made warming meals (roast dinner, casserole etc?) - No
Have you left for work in the dark? - No
Have you returned from work in the dark? - No

My heat is set to automatically come on if the temps in the house go below the low/mid 60sF. I just leave it at that. The heat hasn't come on much but it got cold a few times over night, down to freezing or below freezing temps.

No snow shovelling yet, to really let you know Autumn has arrived?   :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 17, 2016, 01:47:13 PM

Old enough that I appreciate smaller lines and less people to deal with in this suburban terrorscape of bullshit.

Get it right Seedy - you're talking to Cunty McCuntface. :contract:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 17, 2016, 01:47:13 PM

30, thanks for asking. :)

MadBurgerMaker

No to everything. I would probably die if I put heavy blankets on the bed, turned the heater on, etc.

Hey, my sunglasses fog up when I go outside though! Pretty sure that doesn't count as "autumn' though.  :P

PDH

The palm trees outside my window are doing fine, and I picked a lemon from the tree over the top of where I park my car.

Autumn here is fine.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Martinus

I'm so autumn I have a full blown man flu

CountDeMoney

Quote from: PDH on October 17, 2016, 11:42:33 PM
The palm trees outside my window are doing fine, and I picked a lemon from the tree over the top of where I park my car.

Autumn here is fine.

Since you've relocated, have you gone all Shawshank and started working on an abandoned boat on the beach?

garbon

Quote from: PDH on October 17, 2016, 11:42:33 PM

Autumn here is fine.

:thumbsup: