News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How autumn are you?

Started by Brazen, October 11, 2016, 05:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Gups on October 12, 2016, 05:57:21 AM
No to all of these except that I leave for work in the dark and return in the dark, but have done since mid-September. My hours suck.

Also, I make roasts and casseroles all year round.

The coat went on for the first time yesterday.

I was mulling that same decision yesterday, in the end I went for thick jumper as was only going up to the bank and shops. 

Maybe tomorrow.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 12, 2016, 03:51:47 PM
I've heard several comments about the trees here not turning.

Only in the last week or 10 days have some here in the Forest started turning.  :bowler:

Admiral Yi

Jumper makes no fucking sense.  Sometimes a sweater makes you sweat, but it never makes you jump.

11B4V

Very Autumn. Deer Season starts Saturday.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 12, 2016, 06:11:37 PM
Jumper makes no fucking sense.  Sometimes a sweater makes you sweat, but it never makes you jump.

The word may have originated in America, some of it's earliest uses seem linked the North America.  :bowler:

Josquius

And shoes make you shoo. A t-shirts make you tea.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on October 13, 2016, 01:58:44 AM
And shoes make you shoo. A t-shirts make you tea.

Those were terrible examples.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Brazen

Brazen

QuoteMid 19th century (in jumper): probably from dialect jump 'short coat', perhaps from Scots jupe 'a man's (later also a woman's) loose jacket or tunic', via Old French from Arabic jubba. Compare with jibba.

CountDeMoney

Toddlers wear jumpers, man.  Ed's wife's honeymoon negligee was by Osh Kosh B'gosh, you know.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 13, 2016, 07:10:41 PM
Toddlers wear jumpers, man.  Ed's wife's honeymoon negligee was by Osh Kosh B'gosh, you know.

Hot.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Syt

Shopping on Saturday sucked. It was ca. 12 degrees and sunny.

So you have two options: wear something so you're comfortable in the sun, which means you freeze every time you get out of the sun.

Or, wear something so you're comfortable in the shade. Which means you're sweating like a pig in the sun and any shop and public transport, because apparently heaters can only be set to either 0 or 9th Circle of Hell.

When I came home I felt grimy and disgusting and had to take another shower.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maladict

Shopping on Saturday sucks regardless of the weather.

Syt

Quote from: Maladict on October 17, 2016, 07:20:33 AM
Shopping on Saturday sucks regardless of the weather.

It's not like I have much of a choice if I want to do more than a quick trip to one or two stores.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.