How to stand out in the Libertarian party

Started by Razgovory, October 05, 2015, 07:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Martinus

The Larch

Quote from: Hamilcar on October 06, 2015, 02:46:13 PM
His profile photo is also quite good: http://www.imperiumlex.com/about/

The 3rd guy at the law firm looks like a character from Better Call Saul.  :lol:

He can be played by Billy Bob Thorton if they do a biopic on Mr. Invictus' life.

Martinus

Habbaku

Quote from: Razgovory on October 06, 2015, 03:38:04 PM
Oh, Fuck.  I just remembered.  This guy posts on this board.  It's Rasputin aka Lemonjello or whatever his previous name.

It is definitely not Lemonjello.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus

Pfft, apparently the dude was kicked out of OTO. Splinter.

Razgovory

Quote from: Habbaku on October 06, 2015, 04:27:51 PM
Oh, Fuck.  I just remembered.  This guy posts on this board.  It's Rasputin aka Lemonjello or whatever his previous name.

A libertarian in Florida who's also a lawyer?  What, you think it's that other guy?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Razgovory on October 07, 2015, 05:25:26 PM
A libertarian in Florida who's also a lawyer?  What, you think it's that other guy?

Umm. Florida.

It's crazytown. Except it's a whole state.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

You're thinking of Stonewall. Lemonjello is just a regular conservative.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 07, 2015, 06:13:28 PM

You're thinking of Stonewall. Lemonjello is just a regular conservative.

No, I was just thinking of the rarity.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Everyone's favorite senate candidate Augustus Sol Invictus has released a 98 page LSD journal! :w00t:

http://www.invictusforsenate.com/pdfs/Invictus-from-Sun&God's-keep.pdf
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

The occult community generally considers this guy an embarrassment. FWIW.  :P

I mean, you are not supposed to release your LSD journal that early in your grade.

Savonarola

Just looked up the Libertarian primary and:

:(

(By means of comparison over 1,000,000 people voted in both the Democratic and Republican Senate primaries; so even in Florida Libertarianism is a fringe movement (and Augustus Sol Invictus is the lunatic fringe of the fringe.))
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Grinning_Colossus

Quis futuit ipsos fututores?