How to stand out in the Libertarian party

Started by Razgovory, October 05, 2015, 07:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I've said many bad things about Libertarians.  I've called them crazies, segregationists,and potential traitors.  I've accused high ranking members of deliberately trying to bring racists into their party (or more precisely I've repeated the claims that Reason magazine made against their these people).  I ask you, what matter of depravity is required to for the libertarian party to totally reject one of it's own members?  Friends, I have the answer.  It's not enough to be bat shit crazy.  Hell, most of them are at least a little disturbed.  You need to renounce your citizenship, declare war on the United States, dance naked in the desert and suck the blood from goats.

QuoteALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Two years ago, Augustus Sol Invictus walked from central Florida to the Mojave Desert and spent a week fasting and praying, at times thinking he wouldn't survive. In a pagan ritual to give thanks when he returned home, he killed a goat and drank its blood.

Now that he's a candidate for U.S. Senate, the story is coming back to bite him.

The chairman of the Libertarian Party of Florida has resigned to call attention to Invictus' candidacy in hopes that other party leaders will denounce him. Adrian Wyllie, who was the Libertarian candidate for governor last year, says Invictus wants to lead a civil war, is trying to recruit neo-Nazis to the party and brutally and sadistically dismembered a goat.

It's an awkward situation for the small party that's trying to gain clout.

"He is the absolute exact opposite of a Libertarian. He's a self-proclaimed fascist. He's promoting a second civil war," Wyllie said. "It's absolute insanity. We must explain to people this is the opposite of Libertarians. This guy has no place in the Libertarian Party."

Invictus, a 32-year-old lawyer who changed his given name — which he declines to reveal — to a Latin phrase that means "majestic unconquered sun," says Wyllie is just running a smear campaign and is twisting his words into lies. No, he says, he's not a white supremacist, pointing out his four children are Hispanic — though he acknowledges that some white supremacists support his campaign. No, he says he isn't trying to start a civil war, but he says the government already is at war with its citizens and that it's certain to escalate.

"The only question is when are the citizens going to start fighting back?" he said in a phone interview Friday. "I don't think I'm the only person who sees a cataclysm coming, but I think I'm the only person saying it, and I think that scares people."

Sacrifice? Yes. Brutal and sadistic? Not according to Invictus.

"I did sacrifice a goat. I know that's probably a quibble in the mind of most Americans," he said. "I sacrificed an animal to the god of the wilderness ... Yes, I drank the goat's blood."

He admits he's been investigated by the FBI, the U.S. Marshals and other law enforcement. He is confident they're still watching him, in part for a series of YouTube videos and other writings in which he discusses government. He renounced his citizenship in one paper, and in another he prophesied a great war, saying he would wander into the wilderness and return bearing revolution.

I guess it makes me feel flattered that they think I am a threat to the stability of the system. It makes me think one man can make a difference," Invictus said.

He insists, though, that he doesn't advocate violence.

"You do not initiate force," he said. "If the government is waging war on citizens, we as citizens have the right to self-defense on government."

Invictus knows running as a Libertarian is a longshot — Wyllie was easily Florida's most well-received Libertarian candidate and he only received 3.8 percent of the vote — and he acknowledges that being a pagan will hurt him with an electorate that tends to support Christians. But he said he is running with the hope of speaking on the Senate floor.

"If not elected, I still think there is a purpose for all of this and that is to get a message out there, waking them up," he said. "They are the ones that control the government and not the other way around."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/features/gone-viral/os-ap-florida-senate-sacrificing-goat-20151005-story.html

Some quotes from him.

QuoteWitness ye the glory of my life at 29 years of age: I have four children, each of whom should be the envy of every parent in the world; I have attained a Baccalaureate Degree in Philosophy with honors; I have attained a Doctorate in Law, cum laude; I have acquired licenses in the profession of law in the States of New York, Illinois, and Florida; I am scheduled to acquire two more such licenses in North Carolina & Massachusetts; I am Editor-in-Chief of a poetry journal; I run an independent publishing company; I have opened my own law office in downtown Orlando; I am an MBA candidate; and I have accomplished a few other things that will remain off the record for now.

http://abovethelaw.com/2013/04/the-kind-of-unhinged-departure-memo-that-would-have-been-way-funnier-before-the-marathon-attack/2/

Quote"I do not want you to vote, so much as I want you to wake up. I want you to drop out and tune in. I want you to take LSD and practice sorcery. I want you to listen to trap music and black metal, to learn the law and to break it deliberately, to find your own religion. I want you to learn the use of firearms and subject yourselves to rigorous physical training. I want you to treat your bodies as Holy Temples and to take your girlfriend to a strip club so you can seduce a dancer in the back room. I want you to worship Nature and dance naked in the moonlight 'round the fire, screaming in ecstatic joy. I want you to revolt. Raise Hell. Break your limitations. Renounce your life and go into the Wilderness, that God may speak to you of things to come."
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/call-total-insurrection-augustus-sol-invictus

This is his law firm.  http://www.imperiumlex.com/

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

LaCroix

wondered where he attended school in chicago: depaul (subpar ranking). makes sense. also, an article on above the law shows that he basically manufactured a (totally fake-seeming) personality/speech-pattern at some point throughout his career. i know of a similar person; not so crazy with his views, but he changed his name halfway through school and adopted a "Professional" attitude. no-offered by every employer so far, despite amazing credentials. any potential mental conditions aside, i don't know why people do this. it's just weird.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Valmy

Why did he choose an authoritarian imperial name if he is so paranoid about the government?  :lol:

'Witness ye the glory of my life'?  :lmfao:

Pretty insane. He would fit in much better in the House than the Senate.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Lol  :lol:

http://abovethelaw.com/2013/05/update-on-augustus-sol-invictus-now-with-video/?show=comments#comments

QuoteThe thing to note is that he sounds like Leo DiCaprio in Django Unchained, and while he claims he always sounded like that, he totally did not.

The comments section
Quote"other tipsters who went to law school with this guy have said that he was a little bit off in law school, but they
never thought anything of it."

These tipsters are fucking morons. A little bit off? He was fucking bat shit crazy!!!

I spent thirty seconds around this guy and moved my seat to the nearest exit because I knew this guy was one Socratic method question away from pulling a V-Tech on the entire law school.

QuoteThe accent is new. The general demeanor is not.

Frankly, I always enjoyed Augustus in law school. Although I could never decide if he was a perpetual troll, attempting to realize incredible delusions of grandeur, or just bat-shit crazy, he was always polite to me... and entertaining. If anything, he struck me as relatively intelligent, malcontent, maladjusted, and seriously f'in out of place in the 20th century. Always nice to me though...

QuoteAugustus engages in an incredibly elaborate disinformation campaign about himself. It is difficult tell where one part ends, truth begins, or what means the most to him versus being part of an over-all scheme of obfuscation and revelry in contradiction. Besides that he was always fairly pleasant and respectful. He and I rarely saw eye-to-eye but hey at least he's interesting. I'd take him over most "normal" law school people any day. And PS I'm pretty sure he loves that this on ATL. Keep feeding him guys
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Savonarola

Finally, a candidate who speaks for all of Florida.  :)

It doesn't look like he has bumper stickers yet.   :(
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Martinus

OMG I have finally found a politician I like.  :lol:

Hamilcar

Hamilcar

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on October 06, 2015, 02:27:16 PM

I'll admit, I thought, "this is what Marty would be like if he spent two weeks straight speed-balling Cocaine, Meth and paint thinner"
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Eddie Teach

Rubio is vacating his Senate seat? Sounds rather presumptuous of him.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Oh, Fuck.  I just remembered.  This guy posts on this board.  It's Rasputin aka Lemonjello or whatever his previous name.

The Larch

QuoteAreas of Practice

Drug Trafficking
Terrorism
White Collar Crime
Appeals
Corporate Law

Ok, so he's Tony Montana's attorney, right?

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on October 06, 2015, 03:20:36 PM
Quote from: Martinus on October 06, 2015, 02:27:16 PM

I'll admit, I thought, "this is what Marty would be like if he spent two weeks straight speed-balling Cocaine, Meth and paint thinner"

:cheers:

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on October 06, 2015, 03:38:04 PM
Oh, Fuck.  I just remembered.  This guy posts on this board.  It's Rasputin aka Lemonjello or whatever his previous name.
:o What are the odds?!?