News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

McDonalds

Started by Josquius, October 11, 2016, 05:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your relationship with Maccy Ds?

Never tried it
0 (0%)
I've had it only a few times in my life
8 (16%)
Used to eat it....now never
10 (20%)
Once a year maybe
6 (12%)
A few times a year
10 (20%)
Once a month maybe
7 (14%)
A few times a month
7 (14%)
Weekly
2 (4%)
Daily
0 (0%)
Hippocampus
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Zanza

Aren't you supposed to tip at serviced gas stations? I always felt like there was a dude who did something that I could do just as well and expected a gratification for it that I was not particularly willing to pay.

The Larch

Quote from: Zanza on October 11, 2016, 01:56:55 PM
Aren't you supposed to tip at serviced gas stations? I always felt like there was a dude who did something that I could do just as well and expected a gratification for it that I was not particularly willing to pay.

First time I hear about tipping at a gas station.

Zanza

I've only ever had them in South Africa as I can't remember ever refueling in NJ and have never been to Oregon (or wherever they have it in the US). I think in South Africa there was the expectation of a small tip when they filled up for you.

EDIT: Yes, you are supposed to tip at a South African gas station. http://www.southafrica.net/za/de/travel-tips/entry/travel-tip-tipping

Iormlund

I pretty much never eat fast food in Spain. When I did in Germany/Poland it was either a hot dog or a kebab.

I think I might have eaten perhaps twice at a McD, the last time 20 or so years ago.

The Larch

Quote from: Zanza on October 11, 2016, 02:07:46 PM
I've only ever had them in South Africa as I can't remember ever refueling in NJ and have never been to Oregon (or wherever they have it in the US). I think in South Africa there was the expectation of a small tip when they filled up for you.

EDIT: Yes, you are supposed to tip at a South African gas station. http://www.southafrica.net/za/de/travel-tips/entry/travel-tip-tipping

Getting your gas pumped for you is pretty common in Spain and a tip is not expected at all.

HVC

It's weird how no one ever wants to admit to eating mcdonalds, and yet it's one of the most successful companies out there. And they made it successful with one of the creepiest mascots ever.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Never heard of tipping a gas jockey before.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Larch

Quote from: HVC on October 11, 2016, 02:36:12 PM
It's weird how no one ever wants to admit to eating mcdonalds, and yet it's one of the most successful companies out there. And they made it successful with one of the creepiest mascots ever.

Or we are simply not their intended audience. When McD still had a downtown franchise over here their main customers were teenagers.

garbon

Quote from: Zanza on October 11, 2016, 02:07:46 PM

In US, I would if not in NJ or OR.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Quote from: The Larch on October 11, 2016, 02:42:18 PM

Or we are simply not their intended audience. When McD still had a downtown franchise over here their main customers were teenagers.

I don't mean just here, it's a general trope that people never admit to eating at McDonald's and has been for years.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Larch

Quote from: HVC on October 11, 2016, 02:45:06 PM

I don't mean just here, it's a general trope that people never admit to eating at McDonald's and has been for years.

It's the same with any "unpopular" thing (voting conservative, watching reality tv, whatever), people will never admit in public to do it, but in private they will.

Maladict

Or we are simply not their intended audience.

My old gym was located inbetween a McDonald's and the nearest car park, probably for that reason.
What happened however, was just lots of families carrying their McD boxes walking by, stopping and laughing at the people working out inside.
Everyone inside found it equally amusing.

MadImmortalMan

I've been confused about the gas people too. I go through Oregon regularly and I'm never sure if I'm supposed to tip the gas guys. I mean, I didn't need them in the first place, right?

I am absolutely sure about there being no sales tax. So shopping is completed in an appropriate manner.

I haven't been to McDonald's in years. One of my wastrel stepsisters worked in the closest one for a long time and the habit of avoiding stuck.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Barrister

Maladict - where are you from?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

Quote from: Maladict on October 11, 2016, 02:54:43 PM
Or we are simply not their intended audience.

My old gym was located inbetween a McDonald's and the nearest car park, probably for that reason.
What happened however, was just lots of families carrying their McD boxes walking by, stopping and laughing at the people working out inside.
Everyone inside found it equally amusing.

"I like to hang out in front of gym windows, and slooowly eat McD's right in the faces of those working out inside ... "  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius