News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

McDonalds

Started by Josquius, October 11, 2016, 05:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your relationship with Maccy Ds?

Never tried it
0 (0%)
I've had it only a few times in my life
8 (16%)
Used to eat it....now never
10 (20%)
Once a year maybe
6 (12%)
A few times a year
10 (20%)
Once a month maybe
7 (14%)
A few times a month
7 (14%)
Weekly
2 (4%)
Daily
0 (0%)
Hippocampus
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2016, 09:25:21 AM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 11, 2016, 07:54:25 AM
I prefer having a cashier check me out but not enough to sit through a 10-minute line.

If I wanted to play cashier, I'd apply for a job.

:lol: Luckily placing items into your shopping cart without help is not beneath you, otherwise you'd starve.

mongers

I prefer having a cashier check me out but not enough to sit through a 10-minute line.

This, sort of.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Tamas just selects BEETS. Easy!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on October 11, 2016, 09:26:50 AM

:lol: Luckily placing items into your shopping cart without help is not beneath you, otherwise you'd starve.

What is this shopping cart of which you speak? :hmm:

But seriously though. Like I want to spend time with items that won't properly scan or a machine yelling at me that I have an unexpected item in the bagging area and I ain't got shit there. No, as part of my customer experience, it is up for them to sort out that bit.

Already sad enough that you have to bag your own items in the UK. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2016, 09:31:15 AM
Already sad enough that you have to bag your own items in the UK. :(

Most of Europe, I believe.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Berkut

Get my occasional Egg McMuffin, and that is about it. MMMmmmmmm......
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Barrister

Like a few here I do enjoy their breakfast Egg McMuffin. :mmm:

It is an easy outing for the kids though.  On a weekend we may go to McDonalds, get three happy meals (chicken nuggets, chocolate milk, and share fries / apple slices).  I'll get a veggie wrap and coffee. The kids play in the play structure for an hour while I surf the free wi-fi.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tamas

But seriously though. Like I want to spend time with items that won't properly scan or a machine yelling at me that I have an unexpected item in the bagging area and I ain't got shit there. No, as part of my customer experience, it is up for them to sort out that bit.

how about you just git gud

Really at one hand you are all condescending about people working cashier tilts, then stating doing their job is beyond your technical abilities.  :P

But I do not actually want to convince you. It is great to be able to skip queues because of people like you :P

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on October 11, 2016, 09:50:58 AM

how about you just git gud

Really at one hand you are all condescending about people working cashier tilts, then stating doing their job is beyond your technical abilities.  :P

But I do not actually want to convince you. It is great to be able to skip queues because of people like you :P

I'm not being condescending to cashiers. I think they have a relevant job to play in society and not one that I want for myself - particularly as a paying customer. Great fraud - pay same price and handle the transaction yourself! :rolleyes:

Also, I don't think you need to worry about convincing me. I've had enough experiences with self checkout to know that I don't enjoy it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

The question with self checkout is not whether I can do it as well as a person, it is whether the fucking POS automated self-checkout system can do it as well as a person.

And the answers is, from my experience, 99% of the time "Hell No!".
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on October 11, 2016, 10:53:38 AM
The question with self checkout is not whether I can do it as well as a person, it is whether the fucking POS automated self-checkout system can do it as well as a person.

Maybe you Americans had it earlier, with earliers versions of the system which were worse, IDK.

I haven't really had any issues with it.

Valmy

Self checkout sucks. What a rip off.

Anyway I am more of a Wendy's guy when it comes to fast food but since I have kids now I have to get McDonald's chicken sandwich while they get their toys...er...I mean lunches every once in a while. Wendy's chicken sandwiches are better.

I find it strange that McDonalds is such a symbol of America abroad. It is no more a patriotic symbol than any other fast food restaurant is stateside. So I always found it bizarre angry foreigners were show their hatred of us by trashing a McDonalds, also with it being a franchise owned and staffed entirely by locals and all.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

frunk

The Walmart ones suck, the ones at my local supermarket are pretty good.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on October 11, 2016, 11:39:19 AM
Self checkout sucks. What a rip off.

Anyway I am more of a Wendy's guy when it comes to fast food but since I have kids now I have to get McDonald's chicken sandwich while they get their toys...er...I mean lunches every once in a while. Wendy's chicken sandwiches are better.

I find it strange that McDonalds is such a symbol of America abroad. It is no more a patriotic symbol than any other fast food restaurant is stateside. So I always found it bizarre angry foreigners were show their hatred of us by trashing a McDonalds, also with it being a franchise owned and staffed entirely by locals and all.

Specially when McDonalds goes to such lengths to localize their menus all around the world.

If you go to a, I dunno, Burger King, in another country it pretty much looks the same as one in North America.  But a McDonalds has a lot of local options on the menu.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: Tamas on October 11, 2016, 11:37:09 AM
Quote from: Berkut on October 11, 2016, 10:53:38 AM

Maybe you Americans had it earlier, with earliers versions of the system which were worse, IDK.

I haven't really had any issues with it.

Same here.  Most of the time I have a relatively small number of items and self-checkout ends up being way faster.  Plus I pretty much go for any DIY opportunity that presents itself.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall