News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Boris Johnson: UK will help Turkey join the EU

Started by Martinus, September 30, 2016, 11:54:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

It seems as if he was trying to troll the EU deliberately. Meanwhile, the trend to punish Britain for Brexit seems to be growing in the EU political circles. I wonder where this will end.

Richard Hakluyt

The EU is the sort of organisation that would punish a country of 64m people because Boris Johnson is a bellend  :hmm: ?

Maybe the brexit voters were right.

Monoriu

If the UK is not in the EU anymore, how can they help Turkey join the EU?

Jacob

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 30, 2016, 04:22:46 PM
The EU is the sort of organisation that would punish a country of 64m people because Boris Johnson is a bellend  :hmm: ?

I doubt it, though I don't think Turkish accession looks that likely, with or without Johnson trying to insert himself into the conversation.

QuoteMaybe the brexit voters were right.

I'm sure some of them are right about something :)

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on September 30, 2016, 05:11:41 PM

It is still in the EU.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Monoriu

Quote from: Valmy on September 30, 2016, 07:44:17 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on September 30, 2016, 05:11:41 PM

It is still in the EU.

Other EU countries may consider it problematic for a country that has passed a referendum on leaving the EU to vote on whether another country gets to join.  If I were, say, France, and I object to Turkey's entry into EU, I am going to say, this is not your business any more and you can't vote. 

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

I noticed the Turkey leader guy whose name I can't spell is starting to bitch about the 1923 treaty with Greece. Very nice.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

I wholeheartedly agree with Turkey joining the EU.  Racist fucks, enjoy their debt.

Monoriu

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 30, 2016, 08:37:17 PM
I wholeheartedly agree with Turkey joining the EU.

Agreed.  The common market should be as large as possible, ideally covering the whole world.

CountDeMoney

The only thing funnier would be watching Israel join.  Europeans would flip the fuck out.

Razgovory

I wonder if Turkey had been part of the EU it might have mitigated the refugee crisis.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Zoupa

Turkey is never going to join. You need unanimity. Johnson is just whoring himself out in Ankara, big whoop.

Zanza

Quote from: mongers on September 30, 2016, 02:18:15 PM

You assume the PM puts the interests of the country above strengthening their grip over their own political party.
Like Cameron.  :bowler:

Zanza

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 30, 2016, 04:22:46 PM

Maybe the brexit voters were right.
The EU isn't the sort of organisation that could punish a country like the UK even if it wanted to. Not that "the EU" is the same as "EU political circles" that Marty referred to. And by "punishing" most mean a hard Brexit without single market privileges, hardly a daunting prospect for many Brexiteers. Probably more of a "punishment" for the Remainers...