News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

September 24, 1991

Started by CountDeMoney, September 24, 2016, 02:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

The Use Your Illusion albums were a fitting end to that era (let's not talk about The Spagghetti Incident).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

God the 80s had better music than the 90s.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

You're arguing with God thus you lose.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on September 25, 2016, 12:22:56 AMRHCP was a slightly more established band, and I think the album sold fairly quickly.  Nirvana was a complete unknown and Nevermind took some time to build.

RHCP was a little more known ("Ooooh they did that Stevie Wonder song, right?") but Nirvana wasn't THAT unknown; granted, Bleach didn't get them onto MTV or mainstream radio, but if you were listening to college radio and alternative stations at the time (99.1 HFS ftw), you knew who they were or at least knew they were out there, just like you knew who the Smashing Pumpkins or Goo Goo Dolls were (barely) even if they weren't on MTV or the lbig dumb LOL WHAT TIME IS IT ZEPPELIN O'CLOCK RAWR ROCKTOBERFEST stations, either.

Monoriu

For a little while, when people talked about Guns and Roses, I thought they meant this -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F5459jCtuM

alfred russel

Skid Row was later than Guns N Roses and harder edged (at least Slave to the Grind was). Not sure if Slave to the Grind was really that much of a success though.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Tonitrus

RHCP sucks, and has always sucked.

But music taste is very subjective, so if you all like 'em, rock on.  :)

CountDeMoney

alfred russel

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 25, 2016, 06:52:12 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on September 25, 2016, 06:11:26 PM
Skid Row was later than Guns N Roses

What, were they "aged"? STFU

No, I mean later as in "afterward, subsequently, or at a time in the future". You know, "later". Ie, there was Guns N Roses, and then later, Skid Row came along. Later.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: alfred russel on September 25, 2016, 09:12:54 PM

No, I mean later as in "afterward, subsequently, or at a time in the future". You know, "later". Ie, there was Guns N Roses, and then later, Skid Row came along. Later.

Well, you'd be wrong.

alfred russel

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 25, 2016, 09:17:30 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on September 25, 2016, 09:12:54 PM

Well, you'd be wrong.

You made me look it up.

Guns N Roses' first album was Appetite, released 1987.

Later, Skid Row released their first album, Skid Row, in 1989.

CountDeMoney

Go fuck yourself in the assburger, you fucking simpleton.  Skid Row was not "later" than Guns N Roses.  They even toured together.  Now, you want to say that Skid Row was "later" than, say, the Bee Gees, then your autistic ass would be correct.

alfred russel

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 25, 2016, 09:42:07 PM
Go fuck yourself in the assburger, you fucking simpleton.  Skid Row was not "later" than Guns N Roses.  They even toured together.  Now, you want to say that Skid Row was "later" than, say, the Bee Gees, then your autistic ass would be correct.

Whatever man. Skid Row came along later.

Half these bands are still around. The Bee Gees apparently only finally ended in 2012. 

I was just trying to bring up Skid Row because they were awesome, but end up talking about Bee Gees. Thanks cdm.

CountDeMoney

It's always an argument with you. Fucking vaccines.