News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

September 24, 1991

Started by CountDeMoney, September 24, 2016, 02:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Released this day, 25 years ago.  The double-tap kill shots of Hair Metal.

Martinus

CountDeMoney

Pedrito

And I still listen to part of them almost every day.

Masterpieces.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Fantastic albums. Got a shock the other day when there was an article about Jagged Little Pill's 20th anniversary.

Was listening to Metallica's Master of Puppets, Slayer's Reign in Blood, and Maiden's Somewhere in Time at the office - all released in 1986. A colleague (she's born in the 90s) asked me what I was listening to.

I said, "Oldies."

When those albums were released "Heartbreak Hotel", "Love me Tender", and "Sixteen Tons" were as old as these albums are now.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Wasn't aware they came out the same day. Somehow in my life map Blood Sugar Sex Magik came earlier,  :hmm:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on September 24, 2016, 03:06:15 PM
When those albums were released "Heartbreak Hotel", "Love me Tender", and "Sixteen Tons" were as old as these albums are now.

That's OK, grumbler's rebellious years were listening to all those underground labels that started writing operas in German, because they didn't sell out to The Man.

lustindarkness

Thanks a lot asshole. <_<

Already feeling old as fuck today, 5 hours in and I still have one more side of the house to power wash and I can barely move already.  :weep:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Delirium

Quote from: Syt on September 24, 2016, 03:06:15 PMWhen those albums were released "Heartbreak Hotel", "Love me Tender", and "Sixteen Tons" were as old as these albums are now.

Good point. When we grew up we couldn't really see Elvis as rebellious, but the historical parallel to Nirvana and grunge breaking new ground is valid in hindsight.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Delirium on September 24, 2016, 03:38:55 PM
Quote from: Syt on September 24, 2016, 03:06:15 PMWhen those albums were released "Heartbreak Hotel", "Love me Tender", and "Sixteen Tons" were as old as these albums are now.

Good point. When we grew up we couldn't really see Elvis as rebellious, but the historical parallel to Nirvana and grunge breaking new ground is valid in hindsight.

Incidentally enough, Elvis Presley released Jailhouse Rock on this day in 1957.

Martinus

That's nothing. Manuel I Komnenos died on this day too. #byzanteentears

Monoriu

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.