Started by CountDeMoney, September 24, 2016, 02:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: garbon on September 24, 2016, 05:04:46 PM
Quote from: mongers on September 24, 2016, 05:02:21 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 24, 2016, 03:05:31 PM
Quote from: Martinus on September 24, 2016, 02:52:17 PM
God, we are old.

Speak for yourself. I wasn't even 6 then.

But now you're over 30.  :P

Actually, I'm still 30. ;)

But you've lived more than 30 years and are currently part way through you 31st year on earth.  ;)  ;)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: mongers on September 24, 2016, 05:08:25 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 24, 2016, 05:04:46 PM
Quote from: mongers on September 24, 2016, 05:02:21 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 24, 2016, 03:05:31 PM
Quote from: Martinus on September 24, 2016, 02:52:17 PM
God, we are old.

Speak for yourself. I wasn't even 6 then.

But now you're over 30.  :P

Actually, I'm still 30. ;)

But you've lived more than 30 years and are currently part way through you 31st year on earth.  ;)  ;)

Yes, I guess we do describe newborns as being one year old.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

garbon:  a cunty cunt at any cunt age.

derspiess

What's more striking than it being 25 years ago is that I'm more than twice as old as I was then.

And today's music sucks.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

Low End Theory by Tribe called Quest was also released same day.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: celedhring on September 24, 2016, 03:12:56 PM
Wasn't aware they came out the same day. Somehow in my life map Blood Sugar Sex Magik came earlier,  :hmm:

RHCP was a slightly more established band, and I think the album sold fairly quickly.  Nirvana was a complete unknown and Nevermind took some time to build.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on September 24, 2016, 05:10:19 PMYes, I guess we do describe newborns as being one year old.

Actually you are wrong (and not just for refusing to crop your quotes). If you are past your 30th birthday, this means you have lived on the planet for over 30 years - just as a child who is past his or her first birthday has lived on the planet for over 1 year.

celedhring

My favorite watering hole in Barcelona is a 1990s-themed pub called "Nervermind". That's probably sad, isn't it?

celedhring

Quote from: Barrister on September 25, 2016, 12:22:56 AM
Wasn't aware they came out the same day. Somehow in my life map Blood Sugar Sex Magik came earlier,  :hmm:

RHCP was a slightly more established band, and I think the album sold fairly quickly.  Nirvana was a complete unknown and Nevermind took some time to build.

Maybe BSSM charted first in Spain, hard to check that. But I distinctly remember RHCP being huge in my group of friends ("Get it away" was a smash), and Nirvana coming after that.

katmai

Quote from: celedhring on September 25, 2016, 02:38:48 AM
Quote from: Barrister on September 25, 2016, 12:22:56 AM

Maybe BSSM charted first in Spain, hard to check that. But I distinctly remember RHCP being huge in my group of friends ("Get it away" was a smash), and Nirvana coming after that.

Well Chili Peppers were around since 1983 and had released 4 albums prior.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on September 25, 2016, 03:34:25 AM
Quote from: celedhring on September 25, 2016, 02:38:48 AM
("Get it away" was a smash)

I suppose you meant, "Give It Away"? :P

Hey, it was a long time ago!  :P

True story, the song became immensely popular around my group of friends, listening to it on the radio, and until I got my parents to buy the record (I was 13 and without my own income :p), we had to figure out the song title from the chorus, with rather unfortunate guesses.

Syt

Other notable albums of 1991: Metallica's self titled album (the black one), Guns'n'Roses - Use Your Illusion I & II, Pearl Jam's Ten, R.E.M.'s Out Of Time, Michael Jackson's Dangerous, Genesis's We Can't Dance, Skid Row's Slave To The Grind, ...
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Delirium

True, Guns'n'Roses were also huge, but as far as I can remember they did not really "change" the music scene the way Nirvana and their ilk did. Hard to imagine late 80's and early 90's without them though.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

dps

Quote from: Delirium on September 25, 2016, 04:45:09 AM
True, Guns'n'Roses were also huge, but as far as I can remember they did not really "change" the music scene the way Nirvana and their ilk did. Hard to imagine late 80's and early 90's without them though.

Yeah, Guns 'n' Roses were, in many ways, the last of the "hair bands".  A bit more hard-edged than almost any other hair band, but pretty much the sub-genre they fit into.