And we're back!

Main Menu

Marty is subhuman, exhibit no. 3023636

Started by Martinus, September 23, 2016, 02:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Jacob on September 23, 2016, 04:02:33 PM
Quote from: Martinus on September 23, 2016, 03:33:23 PM
I would also like to point out that other mods use the word "Chinks" with impunity:

http://languish.org/forums/index.php/topic,8447.msg480862.html#msg480862

So it would be good if we had some sort of list of words I cannot use.

Ideally you don't use any words on languish. That would be safest.

:)

celedhring

According to government figures Spain's per capita meat consumption is a surprisingly low 112lbs/year.  :huh:

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on September 23, 2016, 04:10:42 PM
According to government figures Spain's per capita meat consumption is a surprisingly low 112lbs/year.  :huh:

Would be quite higher if fish was included.

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on September 23, 2016, 04:31:22 PM

Fill yer boots. Fish is 26.4 Kgs/year (58 pounds).

http://www.magrama.gob.es/es/alimentacion/temas/consumo-y-comercializacion-y-distribucion-alimentaria/informeconsumoalimentacion2014_tcm7-382148.pdf

I find it amusing that they tracked Jamón consumption :D

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on September 23, 2016, 04:45:48 PM

http://www.magrama.gob.es/es/alimentacion/temas/consumo-y-comercializacion-y-distribucion-alimentaria/informeconsumoalimentacion2014_tcm7-382148.pdf

And that'd put us much closer to the top of the rankings, since Spain is one of the countries with the higher consumption of fish per capita in the whole world, IIRC only Japan consumed more fish per capita than us.

And the statistics are important, the jamón must flow!  :lol:

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Larch on September 23, 2016, 04:48:26 PM

And that'd put us much closer to the top of the rankings, since Spain is one of the countries with the higher consumption of fish per capita in the whole world, IIRC only Japan consumed more fish per capita than us.

I would be curious to see your stats about fish consumption. I'd say Portugal (hello bacalhau! ) and Iceland eat more fish per capita.

The Larch

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on September 23, 2016, 04:51:00 PM
Quote from: The Larch on September 23, 2016, 04:48:26 PM

I would be curious to see your stats about fish consumption. I'd say Portugal (hello bacalhau! ) and Iceland eat more fish per capita.

That was off the top of my head. In the EU Spain and Portugal top the stats by a fair margin ahead of everybody else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on September 23, 2016, 03:33:23 PM
I would also like to point out that other mods use the word "Chinks" with impunity:

http://languish.org/forums/index.php/topic,8447.msg480862.html#msg480862

So it would be good if we had some sort of list of words I cannot use.

An obvious counterfeit.  I would never refer to godless yellow commie heathens with a racial slur.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on September 23, 2016, 03:36:52 PM
Link? The Chinese have so much less meat that they kill far less animals than a country one fifth their population?

Though I guess that depends on your definition of 'far less'.
if you exclude fish and other assorted sea creatures and take it on a per capita basis, it could be true.  Well, they are importing lots of pork from Quebec (and elsewhere), but I think they eat much less beef than the average Americans.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Razgovory

Quote from: viper37 on September 23, 2016, 08:48:33 PM
Quote from: Valmy on September 23, 2016, 03:36:52 PM
Link? The Chinese have so much less meat that they kill far less animals than a country one fifth their population?

Though I guess that depends on your definition of 'far less'.
if you exclude fish and other assorted sea creatures and take it on a per capita basis, it could be true.  Well, they are importing lots of pork from Quebec (and elsewhere), but I think they eat much less beef than the average Americans.

Since the US is like the third largest consumer of beef, that isn't saying much.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Josquius

One of the worst places I've ever visited was a zoo in japan.
East Asian nations just don't do animal rights it seems :(
██████
██████
██████

Monoriu