News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Marty is subhuman, exhibit no. 3023636

Started by Martinus, September 23, 2016, 02:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

And pigs are smarter than dogs. Yada Yada. Sucks for them that they're tasty.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on September 23, 2016, 03:36:52 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on September 23, 2016, 03:35:03 PM
Quote from: Martinus on September 23, 2016, 03:26:36 PM
Sorry, I am not too fond of people who abuse animals, and in the Chinese culture this seems to be endemic.

Did you know 8 billion chickens are slaughtered every year in the US? Most of these chickens live their lives in factory farms, never permitted to soar in the skies and see the purple mountain's majesty or amber waves of grain.

The Chinese, with a less meat based diet, kill far less animals, even if they take selfies with stranded polar bears.

Link? The Chinese have so much less meat that they kill far less animals than a country one fifth their population?

Though I guess that depends on your definition of 'far less'.

I was thinking on a per capita basis. On a gross basis I also doubt it is far less.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on September 23, 2016, 03:39:52 PM
I was thinking on a per capita basis. On a gross basis I also doubt it is far less.

Gotcha.

Anyway all we need to do is figure out how to 3-D print meat and then all that will be over.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Hamilcar

Quote from: Valmy on September 23, 2016, 03:41:15 PM

Gotcha.

Anyway all we need to do is figure out how to 3-D print meat and then all that will be over.

http://www.memphismeats.com/

Tonitrus

Quote from: Valmy on September 23, 2016, 03:36:52 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on September 23, 2016, 03:35:03 PM
Quote from: Martinus on September 23, 2016, 03:26:36 PM
Sorry, I am not too fond of people who abuse animals, and in the Chinese culture this seems to be endemic.

Did you know 8 billion chickens are slaughtered every year in the US? Most of these chickens live their lives in factory farms, never permitted to soar in the skies and see the purple mountain's majesty or amber waves of grain.

The Chinese, with a less meat based diet, kill far less animals, even if they take selfies with stranded polar bears.

Link? The Chinese have so much less meat that they kill far less animals than a country one fifth their population?

Though I guess that depends on your definition of 'far less'.

The gross shows production vs. consumption, but...meh.

It's not good to a good career move to be a pig in China.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: alfred russel on September 23, 2016, 03:36:03 PM
Quote from: Martinus on September 23, 2016, 03:33:23 PM

So it would be good if we had some sort of list of words I cannot use.
-4 letter words that start with cu__.

How cute.
Finally a cure the the forum's dilemma - a way to cuff Martinus and cull his outbursts.  Death by a thousand cuts, taken to the cube. 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 23, 2016, 03:48:35 PM
Uruguay is an interesting case.

That is production. They probably import the non-beef from Brazil.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

If you are going to be an animal in the US, best to be a sheep or goat...provided you avoid College Station, Texas.

Very cool link Hami: http://www.memphismeats.com/

I know we will be there in a few decades. What will happen to all the former livestock is another question.

Admiral Yi

Also, why is schweinsteigerflesch consumption in Kiwistan so low?

mongers

Uruguay, good grief 5-6 million people get through 500,000 tonnes of beef a year, thats like 100 kg per man women or child.   :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

Quote from: mongers on September 23, 2016, 03:56:54 PM
Uruguay, good grief 5-6 million people get through 500,000 tonnes of beef a year, thats like 100 kg per man women or child.   :hmm:

Which is about right if you check out the per capita consumption.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Valmy on September 23, 2016, 03:54:50 PM
If you are going to be an animal in the US, best to be a sheep or goat...provided you avoid College Station, Texas.

Very cool link Hami: http://www.memphismeats.com/

I know we will be there in a few decades. What will happen to all the former livestock is another question.

Petting zoos.  Lots and lots of petting zoos.

HVC

Wonder how much electricity it would take to replace all the meat consumption from animals to this? Not only the culturing itself, but also making the nutrients and other requirements to grow the meat.

Also, it'd probably taste horrible.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Jacob

Quote from: Martinus on September 23, 2016, 03:33:23 PM
I would also like to point out that other mods use the word "Chinks" with impunity:

http://languish.org/forums/index.php/topic,8447.msg480862.html#msg480862

So it would be good if we had some sort of list of words I cannot use.

Ideally you don't use any words on languish. That would be safest.