News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Your first electronic game?

Started by Syt, September 23, 2016, 04:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

Atari 1040 ST, late 1980s, with a monochrome screen though. We had some kind of Pacman and a Space Invaders and a third game I can't remember.

Syt

Ah, from the days of the Atari ST vs Commodore Amiga wars.  :cool: A few friends had Amigas (I was too poor and had to settle for a C64; later got NES and SNES before moving on to PC in 96, though I did spend extensive time with friends' DOS OCs before that) but never knew anyone with an ST.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josephus

Quote from: Valmy on September 23, 2016, 07:24:59 AM
Oh hell. It was one of those TRS-80s from Radio Shack my dad had in the early 80s:

My dad actually had to program the games himself, the code would come in game magazines.

This was the first video game system I played on:

I have to say it was not actually that close to arcade quality :P but pretty good. It was my friends though so I only played it at his house.

Speaking of my Dad he turns 71 today!

LOL Never mind your dad...I used to do that. It was all BASIC programming...would take hours to do, and then of course you typed something wrong so you had to read it all to find the bug.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Quote from: 11B4V on September 23, 2016, 06:58:40 PM

yeah. that's what I had too. Except being in Canada mine was head to head hockey.

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

Heh, had the Head2Head football version.  Pretty unwieldy with two people, actually.

Delirium

I played

on a

using this to load the game

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Agelastus

Either this -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Game_%26_Watch_games#Donkey_Kong

Or a game I don't recall for the Spectrum.

Strangely I don't recall playing any games on the ZX81, although my household had one.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

HVC

The fist computer game I remember playing was in school. It was called cross country Canada. You played a truck driver taking freight across Canada. You leaned facts about province Lang the way. You could speed to get there faster (but there was a chance of getting pulled over), you had to buy food and sleep... You could also run over hitch hikers on purpose :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grinning_Colossus

Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

HVC

I'm so gonna run over some hitch hikers tonight!
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Maladict

Tulip computers,those were the days.  I had loads of games of the Digger and Fogger kind.
Good times.

Arvoreen

My first exposure was the original Atari Pong dedicated console, circa mid/late 1970's.

But the one I remember enjoying the most was Intellivision