News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Languishing Dead (DoW Forum Game)

Started by Habbaku, September 16, 2016, 08:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Rules have been read. Seems pretty straightforward for this kind of thing. Ready to start whenever.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on September 20, 2016, 02:39:44 AM
Thanks Habs.

May I suggest you might want to create separate folders in Dropbox or Onedrive and share them only with their respective players, this should cut back on the work involved for you.

How so?  I'd still have to mock up the appropriate pictures from the Vassal mod, I think.  I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, mind.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Delirium on September 20, 2016, 02:35:46 AM
I played this once at a con and felt it was convoluted ftf, but looks interesting pbem. Will follow this.

I could see it being convoluted to new players, but the game system seems incredibly tight to me these days.  Everything flows logically, and I can see at a glance what the "end of turn" situation will look like based on the current board state.

I've yet to have more than very minor rules questions come up, and those have been solved by a re-reading of the relevant section.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on September 20, 2016, 11:17:06 AM
Quote from: Tamas on September 20, 2016, 02:39:44 AM
Thanks Habs.

May I suggest you might want to create separate folders in Dropbox or Onedrive and share them only with their respective players, this should cut back on the work involved for you.

How so?  I'd still have to mock up the appropriate pictures from the Vassal mod, I think.  I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, mind.

I guess if you saved the images to folders then you could just alert each person to when their folder was updated rather than having to copy and paste links to the relevant images?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Yeah I think it must be much faster, especially with Dropbox: you take the screenshot, copy it into the relevant folder on your local machine, and let the player know.

AND we would not have to make local copies of all the pics and stuff, this would be done by Dropbox automatically.

Barrister

Halfway through the rules.  Will make a point of finishing those off tonight and submit my first couple decisions on Saturday.

It doesn't look like this is all that complicated.  And being mostly co-operative should make things easier too.  I can ask for advice that should mostly be genuine.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Shit - just remembered I had forgotten about this.

Very long day (see back room for details).  Will post some shit tomorrow.  Too many tears today.

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Barrister

Selected my survivors.  Think that's all I need to do at this stage.

Habbaku

For ease of play, I'll be updating the first post in the thread with the current colony map and some applicable stats.  Expect the game to kick off properly some time tomorrow, most likely.

If anyone didn't receive a PM from me containing their opening hand, please send me a PM requesting it.  I'm keeping a better log of things now, so shouldn't have anything else fall through the cracks.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Edited the first post with lots of colony information as well as a pic of the first Crisis reveal.  In addition, I threw up player survivor's and so forth.

Below, you'll find the first colony overview picture, along with initial dice for everyone.  The person with the highest-influence survivor on the board is always the First Player for game purposes, but "seating" is still the 1-5 that I posted earlier and that's in the first post.  So, while Celedhring will go first (since he has The Mayor), Garbon will go 2nd (since he sits to the "right" of Celedhring).

Good luck!

ColonyTurn1

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Barrister

So waiting for Celedhring?  There's not something I'm supposed to do yet?