The Languishing Dead (DoW Forum Game)

Started by Habbaku, September 16, 2016, 08:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 19, 2016, 05:05:58 PM
Quotemeta-cooperative psychological survival game

Aaaaand...Marti just lost. LOL, "surwiwal"

lol: Wiktor
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus

Could I still join? This looks interesting.

Habbaku

Since we have a few (possibly all?) new players to this, I've gone with arbitrary selection of a scenario that I think will give a diverse example of what goes on in the game while still being challenging.  Namely...

Stockpile.  The initial pressure is to start clearing zombies from the colony lest they overrun the place and cause deaths among the survivors.  After that pressure is eased even a little, however, (non-Betrayer) players should look to gathering the resources for the main objective ASAP.

I'll send out starter hands and survivor selection via PM later tonight.  Again, however, don't feel any pressure to respond immediately--you have at least until this weekend before I'm considering us to have officially started.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Initial survivor options and secret objectives have been sent out.  I'm working on your starter items right now.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Player roster in order to keep my head straight:

Player 1: Garbon
Player 2: Beeb
Player 3: Berkut
Player 4: Tamas
Player 5: Celedhring

At least, I think that corresponds to the PMs I sent out.  Unfortunately, the PM system here won't let me see my sent messages at the moment.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

https://www.flickr.com/photos/147423363@N02/shares/6v4h1c

Here are all four of the basic item cards.  As soon as everyone is ready (and you'll do so by posting here confirming which player number you are in the PM I sent you), I'll send you a count of which cards and what quantity you have of each in your opening hand.

Note that you get to look at these before selecting your starting two survivors.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Question!

Quotemportant Note: Some crossroads cards have mature
themes like sex, language, suicide, alcohol use, etc.
These cards are marked with this symbol. Players may
choose to remove these cards prior to the game.

Are we playing with these?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on September 19, 2016, 07:44:14 PM
Since we have a few (possibly all?) new players to this, I've gone with arbitrary selection of a scenario that I think will give a diverse example of what goes on in the game while still being challenging.  Namely...

Stockpile.  The initial pressure is to start clearing zombies from the colony lest they overrun the place and cause deaths among the survivors.  After that pressure is eased even a little, however, (non-Betrayer) players should look to gathering the resources for the main objective ASAP.

I'll send out starter hands and survivor selection via PM later tonight.  Again, however, don't feel any pressure to respond immediately--you have at least until this weekend before I'm considering us to have officially started.

QuoteM07 – Stockpile
December 16th
This morning I stood on the watchtower (I still can't
believe the thing hasn't collapsed) and looked out at the
town. I pretended I couldn't see the dead that staggered
through the streets, and it seemed lovely to me. Fog was
rising from the ground in ghostlike wisps, and the crisp
air that filled my lungs felt magnificent. I don't want to
leave this place. Winter will be hard, but I'm already
dreaming of what spring will bring. Maybe I'm a fool to
find inspiration in the season where the Earth seems to
wither and die, but it's always felt like starting over to me.
Now is the time to hunker down and gather all the food we
can. Now is when we build big walls our enemies cannot
overcome. The snow shall melt and everything that's
green will flourish and bloom again, and when it does,
Spring shall find us not just alive but thriving.

For the peanut gallery...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Ah, yes, I forgot about the flavor-text for the scenarios!  They don't come with the expansion, so I forgot they existed.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

Got your email Hab, I'll review the rules and get back to you with my character choices ASAP. I'm player 5.

I played the game just once, several months ago.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Delirium

I played this once at a con and felt it was convoluted ftf, but looks interesting pbem. Will follow this.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Tamas

Thanks Habs.

May I suggest you might want to create separate folders in Dropbox or Onedrive and share them only with their respective players, this should cut back on the work involved for you.