And we're back!

Main Menu

Help derspiess Plan Lunch

Started by derspiess, August 30, 2016, 09:15:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gups

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 30, 2016, 02:46:35 PM
Quote from: Barrister on August 30, 2016, 12:22:23 PM
I'm not okay with hipsters, but they do know where good food is.

Really?  My impression is hipster food is all about dumbass fusion (Thai-Mex! Traditional comfort food with a Bolivian twist!) and stacking shit up really high on the plate.

Fusion's been out of foodie fashion for a decade or so hasn't it?

Over here hipsters are currently into craft beer (have been for a while), burgers (ditto, but we're past peak burger), BBQ, Sri Lankan, authentic Mexican. I think the forage thing may be past its peak, but I'm not sure.

garbon

Quote from: Gups on August 31, 2016, 12:00:23 PM

Really?  My impression is hipster food is all about dumbass fusion (Thai-Mex! Traditional comfort food with a Bolivian twist!) and stacking shit up really high on the plate.

Over here hipsters are currently into craft beer (have been for a while), burgers (ditto, but we're past peak burger), BBQ, Sri Lankan, authentic Mexican. I think the forage thing may be past its peak, but I'm not sure.

When are they planning to actually get authentic Mexican?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Gups

Quote from: garbon on August 31, 2016, 12:27:33 PM
Quote from: Gups on August 31, 2016, 12:00:23 PM

When are they planning to actually get authentic Mexican?

https://pickyglutton.com/2016/04/20/santo-remedio-review/

Not been myself.

derspiess

Mexican restaurants in Buenos Aires (what few there are) are unauthentic and hilariously overpriced.

fixed  :blush:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

I don't understand the big deal with "authentic" Mexican, or interior Mexican as we call it. I mean it's alright.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

"Authentic Mexican" = actual Mexicans can recognize it

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on August 31, 2016, 01:31:39 PM
I don't understand the big deal with "authentic" Mexican, or interior Mexican as we call it. I mean it's alright.

Tex-Mex is far superior IMO.  Because there's chili.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

When I say Mexican, Tex Mex is what I mean. :sleep:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Gups

I'm with you guys. After a month in Mexico all  I wanted to eat was club sandwiches.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017