News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Help derspiess Plan Lunch

Started by derspiess, August 30, 2016, 09:15:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on August 30, 2016, 12:20:49 PM
I've recently decided that I am ok with hipsters.  So go to that place.

I'm not okay with hipsters, but they do know where good food is.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

I dated a hipster for a while.  She was funny, smart, and hot.  Hipsters are therefore ok.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

"Hipster" does not mean "wide in the hips", Cal.

Caliga

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

So we demand a lunch review spicey. :contract:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on August 30, 2016, 12:22:23 PM

Really?  My impression is hipster food is all about dumbass fusion (Thai-Mex! Traditional comfort food with a Bolivian twist!) and stacking shit up really high on the plate.

Caliga

Korean BBQ tacos are the shiznit. :mad:

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 30, 2016, 02:46:35 PM

Really?  My impression is hipster food is all about dumbass fusion (Thai-Mex! Traditional comfort food with a Bolivian twist!) and stacking shit up really high on the plate.

Not necessarily - they're also big on "authentic".

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 30, 2016, 02:46:35 PM

Yes! Sushi tacos at Wasabi Juan! Yummy hipster food! You go to the Avondale Brewery next door while they prepare your order, and you complete the hipster experience. :cheers: The Wife and I also had great fun making fun of the weirdos that came in and out.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

Sounds better than what I had. Elementary school pasta.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: Caliga on August 30, 2016, 02:48:08 PM
Korean BBQ tacos are the shiznit. :mad:

That's wrong on three levels of note.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on August 30, 2016, 12:32:01 PM
So we demand a lunch review spicey. :contract:

It was good as always.  The pork was smoked to perfection, with no shortage of bark.  Oh, bark... :wub:

Ordered me a second pulled pork sandwich without the bun and ate it with a fork.  That was my side.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

KRonn

Good choice, I would have said the Pork sammich.  :)