What other gaming websites/fora do you regularly attend?

Started by Martinus, August 25, 2016, 08:18:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

We all, of course, use the Gaming HQ to discuss games we play, but let's face it, it's rather "casual" and people rarely get into in-depth discussions here.

So, are there any other gaming websites/fora that you regularly frequent?

For me there are three:
- Paradox (obviously)
- Civfanatics (all civ games, including Civ: BE)
- Wowhead (WoW)

Valmy

I used to post on many but they all became horrible cesspools after awhile. It was funny at first how every single patch by Blizzard led to the inevitable 'YOU RUINED THE GAME BLIZZ!!!111' freak out on the boards but it gets old.

Now I just post here and on a University of Texas athletics fansite ShaggyBevoTexas. MBM posts there as well.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

Just Paradox. The Spanish OT has a good collection of gaming nerds so it's usually a decent place to talk about them.

When I played WoW my guild (with many Paradoxers in it) had a decent forum going too.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

I also post pretty often in a Newcastle United football forum, since I love to talk about football in depth and I loathe FC Barcelona forums. I'm sure Tyr will love that.  :lol:

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

DontSayBanana

Mostly subreddits:

/r/spaceengineers
/r/sto and /r/stobuilds

I spend a little time lurking over at the official Keen Software House forums, and every now and again I check to see whether the 4chan brigade has totally taken over the Blockland forums, but not too much gaming-related conversation, honestly.
Experience bij!

Grey Fox

Neogaf

I read Polygon & Kotaku. I also listen to several gaming podcasts.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

MadBurgerMaker

Here, the shag (with val, as noted), one with some guys who play ARMA, and something awful is it for me.  I read several different boards like Paradox and reddit and such for game specific type things, but don't post anywhere else.