News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fuck it, Jews can be just as bad.

Started by Martinus, August 17, 2016, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: Valmy on August 17, 2016, 04:03:08 PM
QuoteFuck it. Let's end Abrahamic religions altogether. They just can't fucking learn to play well with others.

And how do you propose to achieve this objective? :hmm:

Education and improved quality of life helps.
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Quote from: Tyr on August 18, 2016, 02:13:43 AM
Quote from: Valmy on August 17, 2016, 04:03:08 PM
QuoteFuck it. Let's end Abrahamic religions altogether. They just can't fucking learn to play well with others.

And how do you propose to achieve this objective? :hmm:

Education and improved quality of life helps.

I used to think so but don't anymore - people need spirituality in their life and that need is not negated by fulfilling their other needs. Rather, it helps to foster alternative spiritual systems and proposals that are not based in Abrahamic* religions.

*I guess some sort of wishy-washy Jesus-y feely-goody stuff like Unitarianism could work, but nothing that involves the Old Testament or Qu'ran (at least read literally).

Sheilbh

In terms of Islam very little of the objectionable stuff is in the Quran. The overwhelming majority of it is in the hadiths.
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on August 18, 2016, 03:15:45 AM
*I guess some sort of wishy-washy Jesus-y feely-goody stuff like Unitarianism could work

The Truth(tm) always works -_-

:P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on August 17, 2016, 10:52:30 PM
well, the Egyptians were certainly ahead of their time.  People already had walls were they could post cat pictures back then...

:lol:

Man what amazing visionaries.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 18, 2016, 12:11:47 PM
WTF is an "Abrahamic" religion?

You know, the religions born from the promises of the Abrahamic covenant, when Abraham promised one son he would free the slaves and the other son thought he meant states' rights.  Shit ain't been right since.

Valmy

Ones that were created by the international Jewish conspiracy.

Josquius

Quote from: Martinus on August 18, 2016, 03:15:45 AM
I used to think so but don't anymore - people need spirituality in their life and that need is not negated by fulfilling their other needs. Rather, it helps to foster alternative spiritual systems and proposals that are not based in Abrahamic* religions.

*I guess some sort of wishy-washy Jesus-y feely-goody stuff like Unitarianism could work, but nothing that involves the Old Testament or Qu'ran (at least read literally).
Some people do give in to new agey stuff but in the UK at least plenty get by without religion being an issue in their lives.
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on August 18, 2016, 12:24:01 PM

Ones that were created by the international Jewish conspiracy.

It's a fucking well known term. Surprised Minsky is ignorant of it.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Hamilcar

There's a lot of who begat whom and some ziggurats.

Solmyr