News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Acts of Terrorism megathread

Started by mongers, August 04, 2016, 08:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on March 23, 2021, 06:28:39 PM
Always found it curious how some countries have zero issue with the name jesus but others, such as the English speaking world, see it as a big no.
Although the Aramaic form of Jesus was Yeshua and we do have Joshua which is the English form of that :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on March 23, 2021, 11:24:25 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 22, 2021, 11:51:26 PM
Outside chance he's Iranian.  He's got that bald pattern.
His name is apparently Ahmad Al Issa, which doesn't sound Persian to me. :hmm:

The name I keep seeing is Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa.  CNN is saying that he has a brother named Ali Aliwi Alissa.  Damn that's confusing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 23, 2021, 12:55:35 AM
Quote from: viper37 on March 23, 2021, 12:06:30 AM
Wasn't this the other crazy lunatic from the GOP?

Yup.
It's getting harder&harder everyday to keep track of so many lunatics.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: viper37 on March 24, 2021, 01:56:16 PM
It's getting harder&harder everyday to keep track of so many lunatics.

The fat one says it was Antifa.  The skinny one is less crazy.

Syt

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1376173348842000385?s=20

Quote"I own an AR-15. If there's a natural disaster in South Carolina where the cops can't protect my neighborhood, my house will be the last one that the gang will come to, because I can defend myself." -- Lindsey Graham
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Solmyr

Next Fallout game will be set in South Carolina with Lindsey Graham as the big bad.

Oexmelin

So many American gun nuts itching to kill another human being, hoping for a pretense to just manifest itself. 
Que le grand cric me croque !

Eddie Teach

I suspect Graham knows he would wet himself, but that's not something a SC Senator can say.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

PDH

Quote from: Solmyr on March 28, 2021, 04:02:52 PM
Next Fallout game will be set in South Carolina with Lindsey Graham as the big bad.

Graham can never be the big bad, he is unctuous slime who carries out the evil deeds, hits little old ladies when his gang is protecting him, and who would switch to the winning side at a moment's notice when the winds change (only to switch back if need be).
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on March 28, 2021, 02:13:00 PM

Quote"I own an AR-15. If there's a natural disaster in South Carolina where the cops can't protect my neighborhood, my house will be the last one that the gang will come to, because I can defend myself." -- Lindsey Graham

"The gang"? Which one? Kool and? Of Four? The old one being broken up by wedding bells?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Mental image of him madly firing into a tornado.
██████
██████
██████

Richard Hakluyt

...and now the gang knows where they can get their hands on an AR-15  :lol:

Solmyr

Quote from: Tyr on March 29, 2021, 03:05:22 AM

Mental image of him madly firing into a tornado.

He'd just be following the lead of his man Donald, who wanted to nuke a hurricane.

grumbler

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on March 29, 2021, 03:26:33 AM

...and now the gang knows where they can get their hands on an AR-15  :lol:

That was my first thought.  They won't even need to wait for a natural disaster; they only need to wait until he toddles off to bed at 10:30 pm.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Sheilbh

What if the natural emergency is 30-50 feral hogs? :hmm:
Let's bomb Russia!