And we're back!

Main Menu

Acts of Terrorism megathread

Started by mongers, August 04, 2016, 08:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: viper37 on February 20, 2020, 04:28:21 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on February 20, 2020, 04:14:36 PM
Yeah, I don't hate people based on their language or religion.  I'm not a Trumpist.  Why would I support that sort of mindset in other countries?
because you don't see a problem with religious extremism, as demonstrated by your past love of Erdogan.  You fail to see where it leads, and when finally confronted with the truth, it's too late to do anything.  In that, you are exactly the same as a Trumpist, willing to tolerate the intolerable.

Yeah, that's what Trump's problem is.  He's just too tolerant.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 20, 2020, 04:43:14 PM

Erdogan seems pretty mainstream as Muslims go.
:lol: I remember this argument from before I left. The issue with Erdogan isn't that he's an Islamic extremist, many of his enemies are religious groups, it's that he's a Putinish authoritarian.

What's the Canadian position on Jehovah's Witnesses and blood transfusions?
Let's bomb Russia!

crazy canuck

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 20, 2020, 06:33:51 PM

:lol: I remember this argument from before I left. The issue with Erdogan isn't that he's an Islamic extremist, many of his enemies are religious groups, it's that he's a Putinish authoritarian.

Court can order it over the objection of the parents in certain circumstances.  And in fact can be ordered even if the child refuses.

dps

Yeah, I don't hate people based on their language or religion.  I'm not a Trumpist.  Why would I support that sort of mindset in other countries?
because you don't see a problem with religious extremism, as demonstrated by your past love of Erdogan.  You fail to see where it leads, and when finally confronted with the truth, it's too late to do anything.  In that, you are exactly the same as a Trumpist, willing to tolerate the intolerable.

To be honest, for the most part he seems more like your standard-issue tinpot dictator wannabe to me.

Duque de Bragança

He's a nationalist-islamist, good at double-speak, at the least in the beginning. Mainstream? At best, only compared to Wahhabis. Something it took a long time to understand for some posters here.
It's just that after the Gezi Park protests it became impossible to ignore the true nature of his régime. The willful blindness of the left and short-sighted business interests (remember the islamic calvinism article?) back then even wanted Turkey in the EU. Remember the Erdogan quote in 2008 about assimilation being a crime against humanity? Here is some bleeding heart wisdom about it from that time:

https://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/the-world-from-berlin-erdogan-s-visit-leaves-german-conservatives-fuming-a-534724.html

Quote"The word assimilation might have been unfortunate. But Erdogan basically called for support for a sensible integration of the Turks living in Germany. His proposal to set up Turkish schools here isn't that far-fetched. What makes Erdogan's idea any different from Berlin's efforts abroad? A frightening portion of the federal government's cultural budget goes toward setting up German schools. And German teachers work there. So why all the outrage?"

"The only explanation for all the fuss can be that emotions always run high regarding Turkey's efforts to get closer to Europe -- whether Turkey tries to become a member of the EU, or loosens its ban on headscarves, or promotes preserving its own cultural identity in Germany. All too often the Turkish government is presumed to be secretly motivated by a creeping Islamization. It's time to deal with Turkey more soberly."

Blame German conservatives instead, don't blame Herr Dogan. Too bad well-informed people knew his true nature, in Turkey and abroad.

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on February 20, 2020, 05:59:05 PM

Moron.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

It's the least of the problems with this sect.  But the courts will not intervene for adults, to protect them against themselves and the nefarious influence of their cult. Only for minors.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Razgovory

Quote from: viper37 on February 21, 2020, 01:58:18 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on February 20, 2020, 05:59:05 PM

Moron.

This Erdogan thing is interesting.  I didn't think he was a Jihadi and suddenly I'm in love with him.  There are echos of that sort of talk through out US history.  Does French have equivalents of "X lover" where "x" is blacks, or Jews, or Muslims, or whatever group is polluting your culture or race at the moment?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on February 21, 2020, 03:38:43 PM

This Erdogan thing is interesting.  I didn't think he was a Jihadi and suddenly I'm in love with him.

Um you went a little beyond just believing he wasn't a Jihadi (I don't think anybody claimed that...that is a bit of a strawman). Be honest you praised what we he was doing for quite some time.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on February 21, 2020, 04:20:00 PM

This Erdogan thing is interesting.  I didn't think he was a Jihadi and suddenly I'm in love with him.

Um you went a little beyond just believing he wasn't a Jihadi (I don't think anybody claimed that...that is a bit of a strawman). Be honest you praised what we he was doing for quite some time.
Yeah. And to begin with he was a good PM - that changed.
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Duck just did that.  I praised him for liberalizing the economy and weakening the despotic CHP.

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on February 21, 2020, 04:46:34 PM
Duck just did that.  I praised him for liberalizing the economy and weakening the despotic CHP.

Duck did not call him a Jihadi, though obviously as I am friends with many of those Gulenists who stupidly put him in power (and are now living in exile having had all their property confiscated and their families arrested) I am sure he would probably not look kindly on that either.

I never trusted Erdogan at all. You were so blinded by your hatred of the CHP you saw nothing but rainbows and sunshine for an exessively long time. I did find that rather tiresome.

But hey good on your for coming to your senses eventually.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Does French have equivalents of "X lover" where "x" is blacks, or Jews, or Muslims, or whatever group is polluting your culture or race at the moment?
Not that I know of.  This concept of "race traitor" is pretty alien to us over here.  We just dislike religious fanatics.

viper37

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 21, 2020, 04:23:21 PM

Yeah. And to begin with he was a good PM - that changed.
He never was a good PM, his ultra religious agenda was quite clearly there from the beginning.  And that led to what we have now, predictably.  But Raz was blinded by his love of the guy.  Just like Trump supporters today will excuse just about anything from him because he brings them their regressive republican agenda.

I do wonder why Raz does not love him as much as Erdogan.  Maybe because he moved too fast?  Or maybe because he never promised to slaughter those evil nationalist Kurds?  He's hard to follow, sometimes.  Likes one dictator, dislike the other.  Likes religious extremists, detest democratic nationalists.  Very hard to comprehend.

Razgovory

Quote from: viper37 on February 21, 2020, 05:29:52 PM
Does French have equivalents of "X lover" where "x" is blacks, or Jews, or Muslims, or whatever group is polluting your culture or race at the moment?
Not that I know of.  This concept of "race traitor" is pretty alien to us over here.  We just dislike religious fanatics.

You are really stupid if you think I will buy that.  We went over this before just a few months ago. https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/anti-semitic-incidents-in-quebec-increased-by-50-in-2018-audit-shows

You do know that Trump is a Nationalist right?  I mean, he's stated that openly.  A position that you have said is not "Anglo-Saxon".