News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Acts of Terrorism megathread

Started by mongers, August 04, 2016, 08:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Oexmelin on March 16, 2019, 01:56:03 PM
Yes, it's a real thing. Same in college - medieval history is being taken by white supremacists students.

I suppose that's an opportunity to teach the students about the importance of Maimonides and Avicenna.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

You'd think medieval history would attract Muslim extremists and Chinese ultra-nationalists, not white supremacists, considering how backward Christian Europe was at the time.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Oexmelin

White supremacists don't care about "backwardness" (and neither do historians, tbh): white supremacists care about whiteness, and jerk off to the idea of Crusades.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Oexmelin

Quote from: 11B4V on March 16, 2019, 02:27:27 PM
So Paradox is a White Supremacist platform.  :lol:

Not what it says.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: dps on March 16, 2019, 03:27:00 PM
You'd think medieval history would attract Muslim extremists and Chinese ultra-nationalists, not white supremacists, considering how backward Christian Europe was at the time.

Medieval History is more than the Dark Ages in Europe though.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Threviel

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Oexmelin on March 16, 2019, 03:46:21 PM
White supremacists don't care about "backwardness" (and neither do historians, tbh): white supremacists care about whiteness, and jerk off to the idea of Crusades.

Smiting in general I imagine, of which there was plenty.

Oexmelin

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 16, 2019, 04:16:22 PM
Smiting in general I imagine, of which there was plenty.

Smiting? You mean violence?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Oexmelin on March 16, 2019, 04:18:58 PM
Smiting? You mean violence?

With edged weapons, to be specific.

Takes backs.  You can smite with any melee weapon, like a mace or hammer.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: dps on March 16, 2019, 03:27:00 PM

Not in universities in the West.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Oexmelin

@Yi

Oh, yes. It's part of the current crypto-fascist obsession with strength (as befit fascists) and the alleged weakness of their enemies (see "c*u*c*k", "snowflakes", "pussies", homophobic rhetoric because gay = weak, Jewish money, incel resentment against non-submissive women, rah-rah guns, etc., etc.). The Middle Ages are seen as a period which appropriately glorified might.

I should know. I teach a class on violence from 15th - 17th century. I now have to address these issues first hand.

Edit: I had forgotten that Jacob rightfully trolled Marti by censoring c*u*c*k with "kind and sensitive person".