Acts of Terrorism megathread

Started by mongers, August 04, 2016, 08:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: mongers on March 14, 2019, 11:21:07 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 14, 2019, 10:58:19 PM
Those poor people. :(

Oh dear, it sounds real bad.

The far-right is on the march nearly everywhere?

My thoughts exactly. New Zealand is the last place on Earth I would have expected this. Probably why the terrorists chose it.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

FunkMonk

QuoteOn Friday, following a devastating attack at two mosques in New Zealand's Christchurch, an Australian senator proved that some far-right ideologues' justifications can sound harrowingly similar when Muslims are the victims. Muslims, far-right independent Queensland Senator Fraser Anning said, "may have been the victims today, usually they are the perpetrators."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2019/03/15/right-wing-australian-senator-blames-immigration-new-zealand-mosque-attacks/?utm_term=.0614daa8a833

What a massive piece of shit.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on March 15, 2019, 01:38:43 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 15, 2019, 01:35:09 AM
Fucker live streamed it and had an AMA on 8chan right before.

What is an AMA?

Against Medical advice. I sign one a couple times a week.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 15, 2019, 07:14:32 AM
QuoteOn Friday, following a devastating attack at two mosques in New Zealand's Christchurch, an Australian senator proved that some far-right ideologues' justifications can sound harrowingly similar when Muslims are the victims. Muslims, far-right independent Queensland Senator Fraser Anning said, "may have been the victims today, usually they are the perpetrators."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2019/03/15/right-wing-australian-senator-blames-immigration-new-zealand-mosque-attacks/?utm_term=.0614daa8a833

Yes, and he deliberately uses Nazi imagery.  :(

QuoteAnning has faced harsh criticism from his colleagues before, especially after he resorted to language reminiscent of the Nazi description of the Holocaust when he called for a "final solution to the immigration problem."

Every day, the far right gets more threatening. Terror attacks, public sympathy expressed for the terrorists, 'of course murder is bad, but ... "
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

viper37

Quote from: Malthus on March 15, 2019, 06:31:09 AM
Quote from: mongers on March 14, 2019, 11:21:07 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 14, 2019, 10:58:19 PM
Those poor people. :(

Oh dear, it sounds real bad.

The far-right is on the march nearly everywhere?

My thoughts exactly. New Zealand is the last place on Earth I would have expected this. Probably why the terrorists chose it.
I never thought it would happen in Quebec city, so really, there's no surprise anymore for me.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Richard Hakluyt

He is hoping that 40-50% are silently nodding their heads and thinking "he's right you know". He may be right; extreme right-wing views are expressed all the time nowadays.

Valmy

I mean I would like to say I am surprised and appalled or something but hell if our President tweeted that I wouldn't be too surprised these days.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

I wake up, check Languish, and see this?  :weep:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Oexmelin

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on March 15, 2019, 09:07:21 AM

He is hoping that 40-50% are silently nodding their heads and thinking "he's right you know". He may be right; extreme right-wing views are expressed all the time nowadays.

Yes. A cursory look in comments sections in major newspapers and outlets shows how they are amplified daily. In Canada recently, a news outlet had to close down comments because pieces of shit were celebrating the accidental death of a Syrian family in a fire. It's going through be the same with this piece of news.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Valmy

Man what a horrible thing. What a horrible day.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

mongers

Proportionate to population this massacre in New Zealand is similar to as the 9/11 attacks were for the USA.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

Rush Limbaugh weighs in:

https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2019/03/15/rush-limbaugh-suggests-new-zealand-shootings-might-be-false-flag-attack-committed-leftist-smear/223154

QuoteRUSH LIMBAUGH (HOST): The terrorist had published a manifesto and the manifesto includes the claim from the terrorist shooter that he's not a conservative, that he's not a Christian, that he identifies as an eco-fascist, and he adds that he disagrees with Trump on politics.

The idea that there is far more crazed right-wing terrorism in America than there is any other kind is nothing more than a media narrative manufactured out of whole cloth, and it's just waiting for events like this to take place, and this is what happens, folks. I don't know, you probably get up and you see this news story and you just -- in addition to all of the emotion you have over the sheer shock, terror, and horror of it all, then you realize you're going to face a whole day of the politicization of it. You realize you're going to face a whole day of Donald Trump being blamed for it, or you being blamed for it, or things you believe in being blamed for it.

Another thing that happens here when these events happen, you have all kinds of speculation that erupts. And there is an ongoing theory -- Mr. Snerdley, correct me if I'm wrong about this. There's an ongoing theory that the shooter himself may in fact be a leftist who writes the manifesto and then goes out and performs the deed purposely to smear his political enemies, knowing he's going to get shot in the process. You know you just can't -- you can't immediately discount this. The left is this insane, they are this crazy. And then if that's exactly what the guy is trying to do then he's hit a home run, because right there on Fox News: "Shooter is an admitted white nationalist who hates immigrants."

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Syt on March 15, 2019, 05:10:21 PM
Rush Limbaugh weighs in:

QuoteRUSH LIMBAUGH (HOST): The terrorist had published a manifesto and the manifesto includes the claim from the terrorist shooter that he's not a conservative, that he's not a Christian, that he identifies as an eco-fascist, and he adds that he disagrees with Trump on politics.
Another thing that happens here when these events happen, you have all kinds of speculation that erupts. And there is an ongoing theory -- Mr. Snerdley, correct me if I'm wrong about this. There's an ongoing theory that the shooter himself may in fact be a leftist who writes the manifesto and then goes out and performs the deed purposely to smear his political enemies, knowing he's going to get shot in the process. You know you just can't -- you can't immediately discount this. The left is this insane, they are this crazy. And then if that's exactly what the guy is trying to do then he's hit a home run, because right there on Fox News: "Shooter is an admitted white nationalist who hates immigrants."

It's a mirror world isn't it?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

It is always about him and his agenda. Fuck those dead people.

Admiral Yi

Seems Rush has crazied himself up to the point he's attacking Fox News.