News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Acts of Terrorism megathread

Started by mongers, August 04, 2016, 08:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Shooting in Strasbourg.  2 dead, 11 injured.
Shooter has fled.

French link until I can find something else.

Edit:
CBS News
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Razgovory

Quote from: viper37 on December 11, 2018, 04:29:00 PM
Shooter has fled.

Edit:
CBS News

You indicated that long wolf shooters are not terrorists.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on December 11, 2018, 04:31:03 PM
Quote from: viper37 on December 11, 2018, 04:29:00 PM
Shooter has fled.

Edit:
CBS News

You indicated that long wolf shooters are not terrorists.
do we also have a thread for mass shootings?  I thought they were merged...

At this point we have no idea what this is.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Duque de Bragança

Religion of peace not confirmed. Suspect was on watchlist though (fiché S) and it would not be the first time a Christmas market would be attacked by terrorists.
This low-cost terrorism used to have no access to automatic fire arms, if confirmed this even more worrying.

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 11, 2018, 04:46:19 PM
Religion of peace not confirmed. Suspect was on watchlist though (fiché S) and it would not be the first time a Christmas market would be attacked by terrorists.
This low-cost terrorism used to have no access to automatic fire arms, if confirmed this even more worrying.

:(

Eyewitness Peter Fritz told the BBC he heard gunfire and found a person who had been shot, lying on a bridge. He said he tried to resuscitate him but the man died.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46530265
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Duque de Bragança

Religion of peace all but confirmed.
According to Le Figaro, the suspect is called Chérif C.

http://www.lefigaro.fr/actualite-france/2018/12/11/01016-20181211LIVWWW00316-en-direct-strasbourg-fusillade-coups-de-feu.php#955968

QuoteL'auteur s'appelle Chérif C., est né en 1989

Selon les informations du Figaro, l'auteur présumé de la fusillade s'appelle Chérif C. et est né en 1989.

It does not look like a "near 30 years-old rage afflicted individual".

4 dead people reported now, according to police sources.

HisMajestyBOB

My money was on Québécois leftists.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

viper37

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: viper37 on December 11, 2018, 10:00:00 PM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on December 11, 2018, 07:52:29 PM
they're all in Paris.

Strasbourg is 1h50 away by TGV.  :tinfoil:
As for the "jihadi gangster", he has quite a record, 27 conviction in France, Germany and Switzerland. The first one when he was 10.
Lately, bank robbing.

Official now:

Islamist terrorism

QuoteProcureur de Paris : "Des témoins l'ont entendu crier "Allah akbar'" (sic) Allah 'o akbar (French translitteration)
Le procureur explique qu'il s'agit bien d'un acte terroriste. Ceci parce que le tueur a crié «Allah akbar» au moment de son action selon des témoins et que son profil correspond à celui d'un petit délinquant radicalisé.

» Le profil hybride de Chérif C., fiché S radicalisé et braqueur de banques

Among the victims, a Thai tourist.

Syt

QuoteDonald J. Trump
‏@realDonaldTrump

Another very bad terror attack in France. We are going to strengthen our borders even more. Chuck and Nancy must give us the votes to get additional Border Security!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

:lol:

If a guy shoots 3 people in the US, does that even become national news anymore?

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on December 12, 2018, 09:17:04 AM

If a guy shoots 3 people in the US, does that even become national news anymore?

It does if the perp's a Muslim.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Syt on December 12, 2018, 09:18:05 AM

It's not enough by it self. I'm sure a Muslim man shooting up his own family wouldn't make national news. Victims have to be white, cops/military or religious.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 12, 2018, 09:29:36 AM
Quote from: Syt on December 12, 2018, 09:18:05 AM

It's not enough by it self. I'm sure a Muslim man shooting up his own family wouldn't make national news. Victims have to be white, cops/military or religious.

There's a Thai tourist among the victims in Strasbourg, so the jury is still out on this one.

viper37

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 12, 2018, 08:12:13 AM
Quote from: viper37 on December 11, 2018, 10:00:00 PM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on December 11, 2018, 07:52:29 PM
they're all in Paris.

Strasbourg is 1h50 away by TGV.  :tinfoil:
A true leftist would walk, to minimize his carbon footprint.  As I said, too far away for Québécois leftwing extremists ;)